MH Nursing Program Coordinator
Kingsboro Psychiatric Center
Served as Associate Director of Nursing of a 290 bed adult NYSOMH PsychiatricCenter.Assisted the Director of Nursing in the planning, organizing, developing, and directing the day-to-day functioning of the Nursing Department.
- Led nursing management team of eleven nurse administrators, six clinical nurse supervisors, and EMSS nurse coordinator.
- Developed nursing staffing plan to ensure provision of safe and therapeutic patient care.
- Developed nursing policy and procedure in consistent with nursing practice and regulatory standards.
- Revised nursing department orientation and staff development program to address the training needs of new and current nursing staff.
- Co-chaired facility's policy and procedure committee.
- Coordinated departmental activities for successful JCAHO, CMS, and other state surveys.
- Coordinated recruitment and hiring of nursing staff with Human Resources Department.
- Chaired facility's performance improvement initiative on medication event reporting and management.
- Coached clinical supervisors in developing nursing groups’ curriculum.
- Partnered successfully with Information Technology department in the development and launching of the facility electronic event reporting and data management system.