December 2006-December 2007
Recruited and worked as Project Manager foriKnowHow S.A with a full year contract in JUADN's Library , Archive and Museum in the context of the European Operational Programme , Third Community Support Framework, measure 1.3 with total budget of 600,000 euros :
" Information Society, Creating Digital Libraries for SGC-SGI, the Hellenic Audiovisual Institute (I.O.M.), the Journalists Union of Athens Daily Newspapers (JUADN) and the Journalists Union Of Macedonian And Thracian Daily Press (ESIEMTH) ''
- Project JUADN Library Budget: ~345.000 euros cofunded by the European Union
Team capacity : 7 persons
Project Hardware : 1 server, 6 clients, 1 professional scanner A0, 1 laser printer
Project Software : Libraries Automation System ABEKT 5.5, PAPYRUS digital repository
Project deadline : 12/2007
Project targets were :
- Creation of an Online Public Access Catalogue (Opac) for the open book collections of JUADN's Library of History and Journalism.Data entry estimated goal : 7500 book titles, approximately 13500 volumes, cataloged using Libraries Automation System ABEKT 5.5 and
- Creation of a digital repository consisting of 1000 digital records processed with PAPYRUS digital repository software .
- Maintaining & evaluating IT systems integration
- Training staff in hardware and software applications
Project completed successfully on 10/2007 two months prior to the deadline.
December 2007-December 2009
I was offered a 2 year contract from the Administrative Council of the JUADN and entrusted with the responsibility to select and train a team of 4 specialists to electronic catalogue and digitize specific closed to the public collections , donations from distinguished members of the Journalist's Union.
Role: Head Manager of JUADN Library and Archive
- Project JUADN Library Budget: ~145.000 euros funded solely by the JUADN
Team capacity : 4 persons
Project Hardware : 1 server, 6 clients, 1 professional scanner A0, 1 laser printer , 1 professional photocamera
Project Software : Libraries Automation System ABEKT 5.5, PAPYRUS digital repository , xml editor , Greenstone
Project targets were :
- Physical processing , evaluation , documentation, classification and electronic cataloguing (ABEKT 5.5) of Daskalakis collection of rare books.2500 titles,mainly European traveller's books(voyages) from 1750-1850.
- Physical processing , evaluation , documentation , classification and electronic cataloguing (ABEKT 5.5) of Paradeisi collection of special book editions about the Roman Empire(western&eastern).2000 titles, mainly first and complete editions from 1800-1950.
- Physical processing , evaluation , documentation , classification and digitization of 1500 documents and 150 newspapers(titles) from the Greek Resistance Press 1941-1943 collection of Irakles Petimezas Archive.
- Documentation , Electronic cataloguing and digitization of (JUADN) Museum's most significant artifacts
- Documentation and Digitization of the significant Rigas Ferraios(Velestinlis) manuscript.
- Creation of a JUADN's Library Preservation Policy
- Designation of a Knowledge Management system applied to JUADN's collections
Project completed succesfully in the 2nd of November 2009.
- Personal Achievements-Milestones:
- Managed to record,document and catalogue over 1500 entries(full Unimarc decription) of Greek Diaspora Documents , mostly school books and magazines , publications of Greek Communities throughout Europe, Russia and Asia Minor.
- Selected , Catalogued , Documented and Digitized 500 digital entries(full text in pdf format) of Greek Enlightenment Movement (1750-1821) , first editions of books and press publications
- Awarded from the Administrative Council of the JUADN participation in the publication of the Juadn's Annual Journal two years in a row( 2008 & 2009)* .
- Entrusted by the Administrative Council of JUADN with the responsibility of representing JUADN Library alongside with Mr. Manos Amelidis,Manager of Services and Public Affairs to the 2009 General Secreteriat of Information and Communication Meeting in order to provide budget and acquisitions counceling services for the participation of Juadn's Library , Archive and Museum to "Digital Era European Operational Programme 2007-2013".
- Provided written councelling and report to JUADN Administration
- Processed and Managed five major book and magazines collections ,donations from distinguished members of the JUADN which resulted in physical classification and entry to the existing collections of the Library.
- Designed an applied to the needs of the JUADN's Library, Archive, Museum knowledge management system combining library standards(DC, EAD,TEI,OAI-PMH) with fields from the CIDOC-CRM content management system
- Cooperated succesfullly with the IT department throughout the project
- Documented , classified and estimated the value of JUADN's Museum Rare Books Collection (1549-1760)
*Year 2008 journal , with a budget of 22.000 euros ,presented the invaluable Roilos painting collection , a collection that was digitized and documented by the author for the needs of the publication.Year 2009 Journal with a budget of 23.000 euros, presented in a historic sequence digitized first editions of Greek Diaspora documents(cover,title page and/or verso),Greek Enlightenment publications and digitized maps refering to Ancient Greece, work of the famous geographer Heinrich Kiepert. Year 2009 Journal also presented an overall assesment of the Library Work Progress aimed to inform members of the JUADN about the ongoing project in the Library ,Archive and Museum(est.5000 members).