- 5 years research experience in biomedical field.
- Has a published record in molecular biology.
- Knowledge in pharmacokinetics.
- Experienced in developing small animal models for diseases.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and an enthusiastic learner.
To obtain a scientist position in a biopharmaceutical company.
Oct 1998 - Dec 2002
Doctor of Philosophy
Molecular biology techniques: cloning, vector constructions, cell line construction, transfection, protein expression system, real-time RT-PCR. Cell biology, apoptosis, caspase assay, flow cytometry. Histology: frozen tissue sections, paraffin sections, immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization. Nucleic acid biochemistry and detection methods. Developed a novel multiplex Quantum Dot fluorescent in situ hybridization technique for simultaneous detection of multiple RNA and protein in neurons (NAR 33(18):161; Proc. SPIE 6096,14(27):609614). Skilled in cellular imaging using laser capture microdissection microscopy, confocal microscopes (Zeiss META), epifluorescent microscopy. Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, EndNote, Adobe Illustrator. Advanced quantitative image analysis programs: 3D-CAT FISH, Metamorph, Volocity, Image J, ImagePro