Director of Workforce Services/One Stop Operations Manager
Southwest VA WIA Region Area 1
- Manage operations of the Bluestone One Stop Workforce Center, the Appalachian One Stop Workforce Center and the Richlands Business Incubator.
- Co-management of regional Workforce Investment Act programs through sub-contracts in Lee, Scott, Tazewell, Buchanan, Russell, Dickenson, Wise, Virginia and the City of Norton, Virginia.
- General oversight of contractual requirements including:
- Meeting state performance measures
- Ensuring ADA compliance
- Meeting local program and fiscal performance
- Meeting certification requirements for One Stop Center programs
- Securing yearly contracts and developing Requests for Proposals as required
- Development and implementation of recruitment services, events, partners and programmatic elements to meet the needs of business services.
- Development of Grants, Memorandums of Understanding, Request for Proposals, Contractual Planning Documentation, Cost Allocation Plans, and Bench marking Reports.
- Development of program specifications to meet local and state performance measures: VITA WIA Scorecard.
- Supervisor of Americorps program and members.
- Assist One Stop Operator in oversight of Workforce Investment Act programs throughout the region encompassing seven locations and sub-contracting agencies. Assist in the oversight of grant and contractual agreements of 1. 4 million.
- Oversight of reporting to Workforce Investment Board, assist contractors with budgeting forms and analytics, program cost allocation and distribution of program reimbursement to sub contracting agencies.
- Provide reports to management teams, boards and the Workforce Investment Board Director on accomplishments, issues and statistical data on performance and program outcomes.
- Work towards program and professional development building on teamwork and partnerships throughout the region to project both Youth and Adult WIA programs.
- Evaluate program effectiveness, work with partnering agencies to develop improvements, provide technical and program advice & problem solving assistance.