- Virginia Association of Workforce Directors
- Society of Workforce Planning Professionals
- National Workforce Development Professionals
- HR & Talent Management Group
- The Association for Project Management
- Southwest Regional Literacy Council
- Bluefield College Alumni
- Southwest Virginia Community College Alumni
- Region 1 One Stop Consortium
- Instructional Design & E-learning Prof. Group
- Appalachian One Stop Management Team
- 2011-2012 Virginia Statewide Youth Conference Planning Committee
- 2011-2012 Virginia One Stop Americorps Team
2010 Global Training HR: Workplace Discrimination Prevention Guidelines
2010 Global Training HR: Conducting Performance Appraisals2010 Global Training HR: Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace2010 Global Training HR: Stress Management2009 Bluefield College B.S. Organizational Management & Leadership2009 Dynamic Works Institute National Certified Workforce Professional- Tier 12009 Dynamic Works Institute Virginia Certified Workforce Development Professional2009 Dynamic Works Institute Business & Employer Services Certified Professional2009 Financial Management Training Cntr. Creating Value for Nonprofits & NGO’s2009 Financial Management Training Cntr. Strategic Planning2008 Southwest Virginia Community College AAS General Education2008 Southwest Virginia Community College Human Services Career Certificate2008 The Grantsmanship Center Grantsmanship-Grantwriting Training Program2008 FDIC Money Smart Train the Training/Adult and Youth2005 Commonwealth of Virginia Basic Public Information Officer2005 Emergency Management Institute Professional Development Series Certification2005 Emergency Management Institute Decision Making & Problem Solving2005 Emergency Management Institute Leadership & Influence2005 Emergency Management Institute Emergency Program Manager2005 Emergency Management Institute Principles of Emergency Management2005 Emergency Management Institute Effective Communication2005 Emergency Management Institute Emergency Planning2005 Commonwealth of Virginia-VDEM Shining Star Award-Distinguished Service2004 Commonwealth of Virginia C.E.R.T. Instructor/Program Coordinator2004 Emergency Management Institute Developing and Managing Volunteers2004 Commonwealth of Virginia-VDEM Certificate of Distinguished Service1999 Emergency Management Institute EOC Management & Operations1999 National Communications Institute Emergency Medical Dispatcher Instructor1998 APCO Institute, Inc. Communications Training Officer1997 Commonwealth of Virginia Emergency Medical Dispatcher1997 APCO Institute, Inc. Basic Telecommunicator1997 National Communications Institute Emergency Medical Dispatcher
My passion is to see goals turned into realities, challenges turned into opportunities and people to shine like stars. I have devoted over 14 years to program development and coordination of services in Public Safety & Technologies, Emergency Services, Disaster Response, Economic Development, Workforce Development and Business & Workforce support services. Six years in service in grants and program administration.
My dedication in providing excellence in customer focused services for the attainment and growth of performance measures and successful outcomes is highly noted with those I have had the pleasure to work with. My skill set includes familiarity with the utilization of statistical information and analysis for the adaptation needed to accomplish set goals. As well as the ability to completed extensive research, learn new programs and devise results oriented solutions through application and consultancy.
Regarded as resourceful in training and development; advisement and counseling in Human Services areas; knowledge and abilities of successful customer service applicationsand the promotion ofbeneficial capabilities deriving from partnering opportunities.
Achievements in building productive relationships with government, community, and business partners on a local, regional and state level.
Accomplished professional with a diverse experienced history in driving organization development through dedicated service to the employer, recognition of employee value, and maintaining integrity and ethical standards in adhering to policies, regulations and programmatic compliance.
Jul 2010 - Present
Director of Workforce Services/One Stop Operations Manager
Southwest VA WIA Region Area 1
- Manage operations of the Bluestone One Stop Workforce Center, the Appalachian One Stop Workforce Center and the Richlands Business Incubator.
- Co-management of regional Workforce Investment Act programs through sub-contracts in Lee, Scott, Tazewell, Buchanan, Russell, Dickenson, Wise, Virginia and the City of Norton, Virginia.
- General oversight of contractual requirements including:
- Meeting state performance measures
- Ensuring ADA compliance
- Meeting local program and fiscal performance
- Meeting certification requirements for One Stop Center programs
- Securing yearly contracts and developing Requests for Proposals as required
- Development and implementation of recruitment services, events, partners and programmatic elements to meet the needs of business services.
- Development of Grants, Memorandums of Understanding, Request for Proposals, Contractual Planning Documentation, Cost Allocation Plans, and Bench marking Reports.
- Development of program specifications to meet local and state performance measures: VITA WIA Scorecard.
- Supervisor of Americorps program and members.
- Assist One Stop Operator in oversight of Workforce Investment Act programs throughout the region encompassing seven locations and sub-contracting agencies. Assist in the oversight of grant and contractual agreements of 1. 4 million.
- Oversight of reporting to Workforce Investment Board, assist contractors with budgeting forms and analytics, program cost allocation and distribution of program reimbursement to sub contracting agencies.
- Provide reports to management teams, boards and the Workforce Investment Board Director on accomplishments, issues and statistical data on performance and program outcomes.
- Work towards program and professional development building on teamwork and partnerships throughout the region to project both Youth and Adult WIA programs.
- Evaluate program effectiveness, work with partnering agencies to develop improvements, provide technical and program advice & problem solving assistance.
Feb 2008 - Jun 2010
Program Development Coordinator
Bluestone Workforce Training Center
- Manage operations and oversee programs offered through the two centers, Bluestone One Stop WTC & Richlands Business Incubator) encompassing Economic and Workforce Development programs.
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise trainees and employees. Provide and develop training for trainees.
- Monitor expenses per budget allocations determined for the fiscal year, report to One Stop Operator.Budgets of $120,000.00 per year
- Assist in the development of grants and proposals.
- Coordinate activities and develop programs utilized to assist job seekers, career changers and general public.
- Develop and instruct classes for the general public in Computer Literacy, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Social Media and Work Readiness/Soft Skills.
- Develop and monitor website and social media management applications.
- Monitor efficiency and effectiveness of programs and compliance with Federal Regulations regarding WIA-One Stop Workforce Centers.
- Prepare reports on program activities, progress, status and or other special reports needed by local, regional or state affiliated organizations as requested.
- Serve as the One Stop Operator Career Readiness Certificate Coordinator.
Apr 2006 - Feb 2009
Administration/Program Development Coordinator
Richlands Business Incubator
- Richlands Business Incubator, oversee daily operations and assist in areas of Economic Development programs.
- Coordinate, monitor and supervise trainees. Develop and provide training to trainees.
- Provide services and information to start-up businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Coordinate workshops, classes and partnerships with local, regional and state organizations.
- Prepare or develop marketing materials for programs and incubation tenants.
- Prepare invoices, collect rent, fees and monitor expenses per budget allocations determined for the fiscal year.Budget of $80,000.00 per year.
- Prepare and disseminate quarterly and yearly reports on activities for board, administration and partnering agencies.
Jun 2004 - Apr 2006
Community Emergency Response Team
- Development and administration of grants to implement the Community Emergency Response Team program in Tazewell, Virginia
- Coordination of 75 members and response to a multitude of major disasters and emergencies
- Development of the NERT, Neighborhood Emergency Response Team to utilize the services of Neighborhood Watch groups
- Coordination of the Citizen Corps Council in coordination with the Emergency Services Committee
- Recognized for the “Distinguished Service” for implementation of CERT in the community by Governor Mark Warner & the Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- Recipient of the “Shining Star” award for valued service of CERT in the community by Governor Mark Warner & the Virginia Department of Emergency Management
Feb 1997 - Mar 2003
Public Information Officer, EMD Instructor
Tazewell E-911 Emergency Services
- Design, implement and manage internal employee training to meet the accreditation standards through the Virginia Emergency Services Board. (Tazewell E-911 was the third center in Virginia to receive accreditation)
- Serve as telecommunicator for Fire, Rescue and Police for the Tazewell, Virginia locality
- Serve as Mapping and Addressing assistant to the Coordinator
- Serve as assistant to the Emergency Services Coordinator
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the public education program
- Train and certify telecommunicators in Emergency Medical Dispatch
- Ensure employees meet National Incident Manage System qualifications and certifications were up to date
- Work with local organizations to ensure ADA compliance with E-911 equipment and training of employees
- Work with Emergency Services Coordinator to ensure all Fire and Rescue members qualified and received certification under the National Incident Management System as required to meet national standards
The BWTC entered into an agreement with Microsoft to offer the Digital Literacy at our center. It is now a mandatory element in the WIA programs.
Federal initiative to involve students in Quality Assurance Technology training and internships. Region 1 WIA youth participants were chosen and supported by the SWCC, GED, SVWIB and One Stop Operator/WIA partnership to make the program a success.
Responding to the call to action, two workforce regions collaborated to provide the DJJ WIA Cross Training event that would lead to new beginnings in the statewide partnership initiatives enacted by the state.
After debuting our video to showcase Area 1 Americorps we were asked to redesign the video to include all areas. The video was showcased in Richmond & Wytheville by state agencies.
The BWTC provides services, workshops and programs as an added value to the workforce needs in the community. During the second year of operation the center served almost 2000 customers.
WIA coordinated with MTC to provide 10 dislocated workers with Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification utilizing ARRA funding.
AmeriCorps members showcase their efforts at the One Stop Workforce Center. One of seven regions to participant throughout Virginia our program was innovative and successful.
The redesign of the WIA Youth program example. Both the ISY & the OSY programs were restructured to provide value added benefits to the program and to ensure we continue to meet our state performance measures.