May 2010 - Present
Apr 2008 - Present
Business Development Manager
- Established working agreements with automobile manufactures and Tier 1 firms throughout North America and Europe.Won contracts for high tech start up firm while competing with incumbent multinational firms by establishing contacts, building relationships, understanding program goals and successfully presenting next generation speech technology.
- Led business development for automotive, robotic and simulation and training marketing segments. Engaged clients to promote new technologies, develop future business opportunities and understand client requirements.
- Developed business plan (received the highest ranking by University of Pittsburgh’s Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence) for next generation human to computer spoken interactions firm.
- Established a relationship that led to the creation of software that enables children to program speech interactions with educational robots.
Sep 2006 - Apr 2008
Senior Account Manager
- $4 Million Statewide Digital Orthophotography and GIS Mapping Contract: Worked with the State of New York to ensure ongoing project success.This entailed communicating project design specs to meet large area mapping requirements, expanding project scope and negotiating solutions.
- $1.2 Million Utility Transmission Geospatial Development Contract:Managed and expanded project scope on a 3 year geospatial data development contract employing 18 technicians.Developed geospatial data that enables utilities to perform market analysis.
- Worldwide Airport Mapping Database Project:Managed mapping of airports and airport obstructions around the world.Maintained continuous workflow, negotiated and expanded scope of services and improved communications for ongoing project success.
- $500,000 Worldwide 3D City Building Models Project: Negotiated pricing, new task orders, and maintained a continuous workflow.Managed client relationship on an ongoing 3D Building Modeling project of cities throughout the world which employed 32 photogrammetrists.
- El Cajon, California 3” Digital Orthophotography, 2 foot Contour, and Database Design Mapping Contract:Educated client as to the benefits of digital versus conventional film solution and 4” pixel verse 3” pixel resolution.Presented best value solution to successfully win mapping project.
Dec 1998 - Aug 2006
- $3 Million Photogrammetry, Remote Sensing, and GIS Services Open-End Contract: US Army Corps of Engineers, St. Louis District – Assessed the USACE Center of Expertise for Photogrammetric Mapping requirements, set strategy and formed team of nine subcontractors prior to the release of announcement. Incorporated winning themes into a successful SF330 proposal.
- $3 Million Photogrammetry, Surveying, Hydrographic, and GIS Services Open-End Contract: US Army Corps of Engineers, Pittsburgh District – Developed a rapport with the USACE Pittsburgh District personnel.Influenced the USACE to adamantly insist on a locally based photogrammetry firm during the selection process. BAE Systems was selected over strong competitors with extensive internal technology resources.
- $4.8 Million Homeland Security, E9-1-1 and Photogrammetric Mapping Contract:West Virginia Statewide Mapping Program – Won the largest nonfederal mapping project ever awarded to BAE Systems. Identified the opportunity in its conceptual phase. Met with E9-1-1 Directors to develop a thorough understanding of program goals and successfully presented the case for a quality based selection process. Built a team and strategic relationships to meet program requirements.Formed relationships with 10 members of the Selection Committee and with subcommittees and consultants.This contract enabled the division to meet its $8 million year-end sales goal and maintain viability in the marketplace.
- $3 Million, 5-Year GIS and Photogrammetric Services Open-End Contract: Lower Colorado River Authority, Austin, Texas – Re-established and rebuilt BAE Systems’ relationship with client by providing technical insight on Water/ Waste Water GIS, digital cameras, mapping accuracies, Asset Management and by developing a rapport with key personnel.This relationship enabled BAE Systems to win a new contract.
- $1 Million Contractfor 2 Foot Contours, Color Digital Orthophotography, and Photogrammetric Updating Services: Cincinnati Area Geographic Information Systems, Hamilton County, Ohio – Identified prospect, developed customer relationship, wrote proposal, resolved issues, and negotiated contract.
- $450,000 Contractfor Photogrammetric Mapping, Tax Parcels Digitization & GIS Services: Erie County, Pennsylvania – Presented a technical solution to the Erie County Administration, Public Safety, Planning, and Assessors that prevented this opportunity being sole sourced to a well entrenched incumbent.Won the project in full competition.
- $620,000 Contractfor Digitizing Tax Parcels & GIS Services: Lake County, Ohio – Established relationship with county authorities and obtained a recommendation from the County GIS Director that the most likely successful bidder form a teaming relationship with BAE Systems.The partnership resulted in BAE Systems acquiring the contract for the parcel digitization and GIS services
- $250,000 Magnetic Levitation High Speed Train Corridor Mapping Contract:MAGLEV, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – Built client’s confidence level to the extent that BAE Systems was selected over a competitor that was a major MAGLEV shareholder.
- Educational Speeches for Pennsylvania Department of Transportation Contract:PennDOT Harrisburg, Pennsylvania – Received high evaluation rankings for a series of educational presentations to all PADOT Districts offices on Photogrammetric Services, Scheduling and Contracting.
1993 - 1998
Advanced Technology Systems, Inc.,
- $3 Million in Hydrology, Hydraulics, Surveying and GIS Services Open-End Contracts: US Army Corps of Engineers, Huntington District – Established a no bid, sole source contract leveraging well developed customer relationships and unique capabilities.
- $3 Million in Hydrology, Hydraulics, Surveying and GIS Services Open-End Contracts: US Army Corps of Engineers, Baltimore District – Identified prospects, developed customer relationships, and wrote winning SF254/255 submittals.