Establish a long-term employment in a postition where I can utilize my vast working knowledge of Linux administration, ruby on rails developement, and enterprise-scale system administration using automation, monitoring, while leveraging emerging technologies such as virtualization, and cloud computing.
Multi-faceted, tallented, intellegent IT Professional and Web Developer with 15+ years of experience supporting clients with technical experience in product lifecycle and system deployment in a multi-system environment.
Specialties in Enterprise Linux(RHEL/CentOS, and Debian based distros), Cloud based infrastructure Administration, and Application Security
When I'm not coding web applications or researching new IT solutions, I spend my time practicing Kendo and Parkour. I enjoy writing cyberpunk interactive fiction and DJing. In my free time I frequent local meet ups and maker groups to network and collaberate with my fellow colleagues.
Feb 2013 - Aug 2013
Linux System Administrator
Linux Systems Administrator – Support department
- Worked to support customer issues on production servers, as well as managed VPS and dedicated servers running in a Linux/cPanel environment.
- Maintained and shared personal scripts for investigating common problems and automating daily activities.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting popular eCommerce and Content Management Systems, such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, Prestashop, etc.
- Dealt with importing, exporting, and making manual manipulations to MySQL databases.
- Preformed scanning, verification, and risk analysis for Linux-based MTA Proxy mail servers designed for Anti-Mail Abuse Management (Spam, Virus, Content, and Phishing).
- Preformed scanning, verification, and restoration of comprimised web applications.
- Designed and executed complex tests for system acceptance and verification of a distributed computer product involving a diverse set of Open Source and Proprietary components.
- Wrote documentation, procedures, test plans, and test cases.
- Executed test plans and test cases.
- Filed Bug Reports (software defects) following industry-standard practices
Mar 2003 - Dec 2012
President / CEO
Web Developer Consultant
- Developed iOS based mail client which intergraded dropbox for file attachments
- Designed Creative material for Aussie Rock band The Bloodpoets
- Developed in-site chat system for Silkfair.
Interm IT Consultant
- Diagnose customer’s computer and check in for appropriate services.
- Perform on-site Computer Diagnostics and Repair.
- Automatic and Manual Virus Removal.
- Advisied Clients on IT solutions for businesses
- Deployed monitoring solutions using Nagios, SNMP and Monit.
Mar 2011 - Apr 2011
Computer Tech Spt Analyst
- Offered customer support for computer related issues
- Data Migration from old XP systems to network storage on Windows 7 environments
- Installed new Windows 7 Laptops and Desktops for clients
- Developed Remote migration software that worked faster than the Microsoft tools
- Transported Assets between multiple job sites.