May 2007 - Present
Technical Business analyst
Supported and maintained multiple SharePoint 2007 sites to support Transformational change programmes.Resolved 100% of help desk calls well within SLA (typically same day, SLA is 3 days).Developed bespoke pages and reports as required.
- Carried out Quality Assurance audit of project information to identify discrepancies that prevented invoice generation and payment.
- Managed shared mail box to ensure that customer issues were suitably escalated and resolved.Liaised with resolver teams and communicated with customers to manage expectations and have solutions delivered in a timely fashion within the restrictions of available resources.
- Saved up to 5 person hours per week in production support for life of system by researching methods of implementing Structural Authorisations in SAP HCM to provide alternative to that suggested by contractor hired to implement this.
- Managed project to re-launch a department under a new name and an expanded remit.Included organisation of an open day and follow up road shows.Managed communications between stakeholders and production of publicity material.Delivered change for less than half projected budget.
- Liaised with business users to prioritise testing scenarios.
- Produced system test scripts, in HP Quality Centre, to test prioritised scenarios against documented requirements on SAP HCM.
- Updated and documented internal role specification document to be used in identifying suitable people for internal consultancy roles.Applied SFIA (Skills For the Information Age) and NOS (National Occupational Standards) frameworks to roles.Developed alternate competencies frameworks where required due to lack of suitable existing frameworks.
- Identified gaps in project deliverables and made recommendations as to filling those gaps.
- Carried out analysis project on electronic document management to make recommendations for a departmental system.
- Analysed, researched and documented Business Analyst role to highlight variations within the organisation and with roles of the same name in other organisations.
Dec 1999 - Apr 2007
- Reduced downtime required for Oracle server moves and need for client side changes by proposing radical new way of handling database naming.Method was later taken up for other server types.
- Developed project plans, Terms of Reference and other documentation related to management of local and corporate projects under PRINCE2. Prepared capital funding bid documents for corporate projects.
- Developed policies, procedures and standards for corporate systems and infrastructure.
- Selected and attended appropriate conferences, user group meetings and trade exhibitions to gather knowledge and gain skills in relevant areas.
- Managed relationship with suppliers including setting performance requirements for facilitates management supplier and assessing of responses to Invitations To Tender. Also took key role in negotiations around staffing impact of procurement of a strategic partnership agreement to deliver business transformation goals.
- Identified and investigated Open Source software products to be used in delivery of national, corporate and local goals (including Key Performance Indicators) at a significant budgetary saving.
- Installed, configured and supported Oracle databases (versions 7.3.4 to 10g Release 2) on Sun Solaris, Linux and Windows NT/2000. Designed and specified hardware infrastructure for corporate projects including public facing document management and publication system (ADMES) and corporate intranet (Inline).