Water Truck Operator
My most recent longer-term employment was with Rio Tinto Alcan's Yarwun Refinery RMA-Expansion Project ... the position was contract-based & ended with Stage I completion.
Up until early 2012 I was a full-time [12-hour dayshifts] Water-Cart Operator on Rio Tinto Alcan's Yarwun Refinery RMA-Expansion Project; I held this position for around nine months, operating Nissan Twin-Steer UD's, Hino Econo Diesel Tautliners & Ford Cargo Water-Carts on an '8 days on-4 days off' rotation. The position was contract-based - with WATPAC - & ended at completion of Stage I of the project.
Prior to the above position, I operated water-carts & six-wheel backtippers on Bechtel-BMD Constructions Gladstone Services Corridor Project at Yarwun for around three months.
[The Gladstone Services Corridor Project created a 25-kilometre pipeline and services corridor for the future industries of Gladstone & was primarily designed to link the Gladstone Port to greenfields industrial land in the Aldoga LNG Precinct.]
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT: Prior to the above I worked in Karratha for around six months with Premier Mining Transport Pty Ltd. operating a range of vehicles for the transport of both personnel [mainly ships crew] & general mining-related freight around the Pilbara region. Previous to this I worked for BGC Industries for approx. 9 months operating Kenworth T350's [in both six-wheel back-tipper & HiAb-Service Truck configurations] on their Pilbara/Kimberley WA Main Roads Maintenance Contract, working out of Broome in the Kimberley. This was an all-rounder role which could involve projects as varied as rebuilding legacy culverts in a remote region of the Gibb River Road using river stone & jerry-mortar one day; to repairing vandalized cattle grids at Sandfire Road House the next. However the bulk of work on a daily basis [12 hour day] would usually involve Highway Patrols & include the following:
- attend accidents & emergencies in order to clear & repair the road asap [usually using a compact skidsteer]
- routine repair & maintainence of road & signage & drainage damage eg. filling pot holes etc.
- timely removal & disposal of road kill
- maintaining road-side stops & facilities in good order & repair
- removing abandoned vehicles from the highway verge & disposal at a Council Tip
- hauling road-building materials from various quarries by six-wheel backtipper
- tree & foliage lopping & disposal
- routine clean-up of highway verge & collection of waste from roadside bins etc.
Prior to the above role I was employed as an all-round Operator [mainly operating six-wheel backtippers, water-carts & pad-foot rollers] by Carr Civil Contracting at Rio Tinto Minerals Dampier Salt Levee Reconstruction Project, north of Port Hedland, since Sept. 2006.
SKILL-SET DEVELOPED IN THE MINING INDUSTRY
Most Recent Experience:
- operating a range of water-cart configurations
- operating HiAb Service Trucks
- operating six-wheel backtippers
- operating front-end loaders
- operating padfoot & flatdrum rollers
- operating Manitou telehandlers
• Hold currrent Mines Medical Certificate
• Hold current National Police Clearance Certificate • Hold currrent First Aid Certificate • Hold current construction industry Blue Card