My greatest desire? To align my skills and efforts with the finest talent and strongest digital leaders in our industry.
Who is PJ Walker?
You will find me to be a creative, self-motivated individual who knows how to manage and grow client relationships and execute innovative, ROI-driven social media campaigns. I understand the business of account management and have a gift for building strong, well-organized and positive teams.
I have developed a portfolio of tools and proven techniques that can be leveraged by your organization to accelerate thoughts and ideas to meaningful and effective marketing programs. Simply Put: I'm a team player who gets the work done and delights her clients.
2011 - Present
Director, Digital & Social Media
MELT (Marketing Entertainment Lifestyle Trends) is a digital and experiential sports marketing agency.
- Lead the strategy and execution of digital technology development and social media activities for MELT
- Identify, define and present social media offerings for new business development and current accounts
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing and retaining social media community managers
- Oversee development of technical team; with a focus on developing proprietary social media solutions
- Analyze social media metrics across client’s platforms, present finding and make recommendations
- Develop and manage budget and provide ROI analysis against pre-established baseline objectives
- Social media voice for MELT to ensure consistency of messaging across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and additional social media platforms
- Current clients/brands include Full Throttle, Coke Zero, Coca-Cola Freestyle, PowerAde, State Farm
RESULTS: Created and executed 1st ever Coke Zero Final Four Twitter Jockey program resulting in a 72% increase in new followers and 85% increase of Coke Zero brand mentions over a 4-day period.
2010 - Present
Definition 6 is a privately owned, full-service digital marketing agency with offices in Atlanta, New York and Dallas.
- Built and grew client relationships through generation and vetting of ideas to enhance client performance
- Provided leadership and subject matter expertise in the area of digital and social media
- Effectively managed a team of account executives, project managers and supervisors
- Established professional development plans; provided coaching and mentoring sessions
- Achieved client targets while improving account profitability
- Collaborated with business development and marketing teams on client sales proposals
- Contributed to company blogs, social media outlets and white paper development
2010 - 2011
Program Director, Social Media
Part of the Publicis Groupe, Moxie is a full-service interactive marketing agency.
- Accountable for leading and managing a family of customer-focused strategic programs, across current and future social media devices
- Identified and provided appropriate social media tools, benchmarks, strategic direction and reporting metrics to client’s upper-level management teams
- Managed deployment of custom social media programs, such as Twitter Parties, Twitter Jockey events, Facebook Wall Applications for Holiday 2010, Six Apart Blog programming, Share This rich media unit poll creation.
- Responsible for allocating talent and identifying holes across all aspects of each project
- Develops accurate and informed work, including scopes, schedules, and budgets that accurately reflect the scope of the work
- Worked in conjunction with client’s other agencies and departments including Sponsorship, Media, Retail and IT
2009 - 2010
Digital Sales Director
A subsidiary of Accenture, Accenture Interactive helps companies develop world-class digital marketing capabilities and optimize their marketing investments.
- Sold proprietary digital marketing applications across Accenture’s Fortune 500 client base
- Led and managed large, complex web application development and system integration projects for contracts of $10 million and up
- Identified true needs on business for delivery support and appropriately aligned resources against those needs
- Educated the teams when necessary on roles and responsibilities and provided overall program management
- Responsible for overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget project completion
2000 - 2008
Associate Partner & Managing Consultant
IBM Interactive is the digital agency unit of IBM Global Services.
- Exceeded profit and revenue projections on an annual basis
- Developed strategic sales and account management plans to penetrate distribution industry markets in the Americas
- Identified and analyzed functional and non-functional requirements for custom application development, software and systems integration
- Led negotiation of milestones and deadlines, managed project schedules and teams
- Documented and delivered against client’s mission objectives
Client Services Executive
Organic Inc. is a digital advertising agency founded as the first marketing & advertising agency focused solely on the Internet.
- Led and managed key southeastern client relationships and programs/campaigns
- Consulted with clients and advertisers to develop joint program strategies
- Coordinated with other functions within the organization to ensure programs are delivered and that client goals are achieved
- Packaged and delivered services and solutions to help expand client programs
- Contributed to product pipeline definition as a voice of the customer; gathering and documenting business requirements
Emory University is recognized internationally for its outstanding liberal arts college, superb professional schools and one of the Southeast's leading health care systems. The university maintains an uncommon balance for an institution of its standing: it generates more research funding than any other Georgia university, while maintaining its traditional emphasis on teaching. The university is enriched by the legacy and energy of Atlanta, and by collaboration among its schools, units and centers, as well as with affiliated institutions.
- Top Rankings: Emory ranks among the top 20 national universities in U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges."
- Distinguished Professors: Distinguished faculty members include former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, Booker Prize-winning novelist Sir Salman Rushdie, His Holiness the XIV Dalai Lama, symphony conductor Robert Spano, Pulitzer Prize-winning poet Natasha Trethewey and CNN chief medical correspondent Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
- Famous Alumni: Emory alumni have included one U.S. vice president, seven U.S. senators, 13 U.S. representatives, three governors, three ambassadors, one Supreme Court justice, several university presidents and five Pulitzer Prize winners.