Feb 2006 - Present
Senior Manager – reporting directly to the Asia Leadership Team
Driver of strategic projects aimed at improving PwC’s operations and profitability:
- Developed a proactive knowledge management network for the region, increasing connectivity, leveraging networks and fostering a relationship-based culture in the firm.
- Coordinated a team of 10 Knowledge Management professionals across Asia.
- Created innovative solutions and led project management and implementation of a “deal flow” management tool involving a team of 10 people during 6 months.
- Strengthened relationship with the Middle-East firm by organizing the first “PwC Middle East Advisory University”, regional networking and training event taking place in Dubai in January 2007 (Budget US$0.8m, 250 participants from 12 countries, participation of 4 of the top 5 global PwC leaders).
- Identified client needs to design differentiated proposal documents for engagements in excess of US$0.5m.
Sep 2002 - Feb 2006
Manager then Senior Manager
Danone Group Worldwide Internal Audit Manager
- Project manager supervising worldwide outsourcing of internal audits for Danone Group (total engagement team of 20 consultants, fee US$2m p.a.)
- Developed a collaborative relationship with Senior Management of local business units and at corporate headquarters, contributing to continuous re-engagement of the firm for 3 years.
- Led 5-member teams in the analysis and review of operational, financial and SAP processes in 14 business units in China, Singapore, Indonesia, Russia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Spain, Greece, the UK, Brazil and Argentina.
- Reviews resulted in significant improvements in internal controls and conduct of operations acknowledged by Audit Committee and General Management.
- Managed all aspects of on-site reviews including interviews, testing, field visits (factories, distribution centers etc).
- Identified cross-selling opportunities and delivered ‘special projects’ (forensic assistance with litigation and fraud), limiting unrecoverable losses to business units.
- Created an innovative bespoke ‘integrated review’ methodology making full use of SAP functionalities and leading to significant improvement of value-add of recommendations.
- Designed significant portion of SAP ‘integrated audit’ framework still being used to date, including audit programs and reporting formats.
Jun 1999 - Nov 2002
KPMG TRANSACTION SERVICES – Sydney, Australia
Financial Due Diligence and Complex Business Modeling
- Virgin Mobile: Supervised business analysis at Virgin Mobile Australia, maintaining and developing complex revenue models to support management decisions on mobile plans’ offerings (resulting in a total of 600,000 pre/postpaid customers in 2005), reporting of KPIs (‘ARPU’), coordination and control of marketing spending and reporting to the Board (total Finance & Marketing team of 20 people).
- P&O Ports, Qantas and Optus / Singtel: Led financial due-diligence engagements for M&A transactions in excess of US$10m in Australia, New Zealand and China (acquisitions or divestments in infrastructure, retail, tourism and telecommunications sectors).
Sep 1995 - Jun 1999
KPMG ASSURANCE - Lille, France
Associate Auditor/ Senior Auditor
- Participated in and then managed external audit engagements for the retail sector multinational clients. Promotion with highest performance level each year. First ‘Senior Auditor’ of KPMG France to obtain an international rotation opportunity in Australia.
- Managed process reviews of hypermarkets and commercial property divisions of a leading French retail group.
Jun 2006 - Mar 2008
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, Graduate School of Business (GSB) Master of Business Administration, with High Honors Electives: Private Equity and Entrepreneurial Finance
Sep 1992 - Jun 1995
Ecole Superieure de Commerce le Havre Caen
Ecole Supérieure de Commerce (« grandes écoles »), Le Havre/Caen, France BA (Hons), Accounting and Finance - Exchange Program with the University of Strathclyde, Scotland.