- I am interested in helping companies advance their brand equity, increase their reputation management capabilities, and improve their market positioning through the development of innovative, strategic communications and marketing initiatives meant to create a distinct competitive advantage.
Multi-channel Media Expert
Sleepy Hollow Press
- Primary research historian for regional press specializing in scholarly monographs concerning early America.
- Chief marketer of scholarly titles to academic and trade markets.
- Founder of the Washington Irving Society, dedicated to the promotion of early American literature.
Connecticut Historical Society
- Revitalized regional press with a series of award-winning and highly successful monographs on the decorative arts, art history, and regional history, including Connecticut Railroads, Anson Dickinson: The Celebrated Painter, Adventurers for Another World: Jonathan Trumbull's Common-place Book, Connecticut Photographers, among others.
- Served as editor-in-chief of award-winning Connecticut Historical Society Journal (quarterly) as well as monthly newsletter.
- Acted as organization's publicist in arranging press coverage and media events pertaining to gallery openings, performances, and exhibitions.
Senior Manager, Creative Services
Senior Director, Communications
AVP, Marketing and Communications
Feb 2009 - Present
The Connecticut Press
- Founder of The Connecticut Press, specializing in developing strategic partnerships with non-profit museums and institutions lacking the expertise and/or funding to see their collections into print.
- Expertise in leveraging state-of-the-art print technologies and multi-channel marketing strategies in developing award-winning titles in the decorative and fine arts, American history, photography, and genealogical reference works.
- Publisher of Visible Saints: West Haven, Connecticut, 1648 - 1798 (2009).
- Author/publisher of Flying Horses: The Golden Age of American Carousel Art, 1870 - 1930 (2010).
- Publisher, Elim Park: 100 Years (2011)
May 2010 - Feb 2011
Senior Editorial Consultant
- Primary copywriter for company's monthly employee and customer e-publications, Intelsat Spectrum and Intelsat Insider.
- Editor of company weekly, Multipoint.
- Strategic Communications advisor