Technical Solutions Consultant
May 2009 - Nov 2011
Hewlett Packard (M) Sdn Bhd
Prepared employees to accomplish job results by planning, conducting, and evaluating computer training.
- Coordinated and scheduled all GSD training programme at GSD site.
- Delivered and enhanced existing training programme in line with HP and the clients best practices.
- Liaised with internal/external subject matter experts as required.
- Maintained quality service by establishing and enforcing organisation standards.
- Provided induction training to new hire consultants within the required time scales.
- Conducted training assessments, produced analyse reports and made recommendations.
- Identified training needs and methods.
- Developed training packages using a variety of delivery methods.
- Evaluated training by evaluating effectiveness of training.
- Maintained technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications.
- Identified new training techniques and methods and utilised where appropriate.
- Created structured reports and provided feedback to Senior Management.
- Participated in hiring process and conducted regular interviews to short list possible candidates.
- Actively participated in Quality Assurance and assisted audit activities.
- Carried out additional tasks as required from time to time and designated by Training Manager.
- Contributed to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
IT Helpdesk Specialist
Sep 2007 - May 2009
EPS Venture (M) Sdn Bhd
As a First Level Technical Support for a multi-national client of HP Enterprise and responsible for providing technical assistance and supported related to computer systems, hardware, or software; responded to queries, ran diagnostic programs, isolated problem, and determined and implemented solution.
- Provided technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Successfully resolved desktop technical issues (related to hardware and software) from incoming customer contacts.
- Pro-actively assisted customers to avoid or reduce IT-related problem occurrence.
- Followed up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Aided knowledge transfer within the team.
- Maintained awareness of new products and services.
- Resolution of client issues with the aid of available Service Desk tools (e.g. Frequently Ask Questions, Troubleshooting Guides, Knowledge base articles).
- Ensured timely escalation of calls to Second Level.
- Ensured appropriate information contained in escalated calls.
- Remained well versed in Service Desk policies, procedures, standards and documentation.
- Participated in projects for process or quality improvements activities.