Group General Manager
Australia Mining Resources Sdn Bhd
- Manage the Malaysian operations and mineral reserves representing over $65 million dollar.
- Total financial and P&L responsibility inclusive of Working Capital
- Establish new businesses through acquisitions.
- Monitor and grow iron ore trading business by 17% annually.
- Logistic control - Negotiate reduced shipping rates which contribute $550 k saving per shipment
- Create and maintain operational harmony and team spirit among all employees through effective communication and participation.
- Develop improved operating policies and procedures to drive operational improvements in key emphasis areas.
- Design/implement measurements to communicate overall performance and leverage opportunities for improvements
- Restructuring of operation to become financially competitive by reducing operating cost 7% and increase sales by 11%
- Establish a supply chain to reduce road transport cost by $ 5.8 per km.
- Restructuring business process and manufacturing concept, implementing strategic plans to take advantage of an immense opportunity for worldwide product distribution.
- Increased profits by 7% by spearheading a waste reduction program
- Boosted gross yearly sales from $ 15 million to $28 million in 12 months.
- Reduced and controlled company expenses by 4.8% by improving operations.
- Prepared program operating budgets, budget reports and other financial performance reports.
- Analysed contract performance for bids, budgets and forecasts.