Having done my Master's Degree in apprenticeship, I was part of a R&D team working on the PC client of a telecommunications solution : OpenTouch Conversation. My job consisted of developing and integrating new features in the application, written mainly in C++ and using the Qt Framework.
Some of the features/projects I have developed :
- A testing application simulating the reception of a video stream as in the OpenTouch Client. This application is used to ensure that our OpenGL plugins for decoding videos are working correctly.
- Writing and maintaining OpenGL decoding plugins, used to support various low level video formats ( NV12, YUYV, ... ).
- A functioning proof of concept allowing the reception of multiple incoming video streams simultaneously in a conversation, now integrated in the client.
- A generic component used to add a zooming capability to any GUI object. Currently used on live videos in a conversation and on screen sharing.
- Integration of a new in house developed screen sharing library to replace the old one, adding new functionalities and new technologies. Also reworked and redeveloped parts of the library to make it work with the Websocket protocol.
- A remote control solution using the RFB protocol, allowing a user to control the computer of another user. The core code is integrated in the screen sharing library, new APIs were developed to access these functionalities, and the integration in the client was done, from updating the GUI to implementing those new features.