Electronic Trading Product Specialist, VP Prime Broker
JEFFERIES, NY, NY.
Collaborated with the Prime Broker Sales team and provided over 3 demos per week on electronic trading software (Realtick + REDI) and in-house OMS (Order Management System). Responsible for client on-boarding, providing training on the trading systems, and facilitating installation, customization, and user support on trading or software related issues. Visited clients’ facilities and ensured optimal utilization of system, client satisfaction, and productive client relations. Led the PB Trading Front End Support desk of 4 people and mentored new teammates through training.
- Solely accountable for client acquisition and retention; presented outstanding demos and post-installation support resulting in securing new clients while retaining existing ones. Track record of clients sending e-mails of appreciation to direct manager and CEO of Jefferies acknowledging the efforts.
- Instrumental in facilitating software enhancements in collaboration with the vendor. Vendor acknowledged the efforts and new ideas enabling liaison with developers every 2 weeks.
- One amongst the 3 team members specially deployed to Connecticut to help the Fixed Income Desk for 6 months.
- Single-handedly provided mass training classes for a migration of over 80 hedge fund clients from BNP to Jefferies. This included traders, portfolio managers and operations teams.
- Enabled the organization stay firmly afloat in a fiercely competitive market scenario by ensuring custom built layout for every client.
- Gained recognition from every client and co-worker as the best person they have ever worked with.
- Pitched hedge fund clients on products and services in line with individual client needs.
- Successfully managed client on boarding, custom trading page builds, and training for 400 clients.
- Provided support for the PB front and back office including trade breaks, allocations, FIX issues, start of day files, easy to borrow lists, buying power numbers, restricted lists, fat finger limits, and corporate actions.
- Served as a primary contact for electronic trading clients; demonstrated thorough knowledge of the trade flow life cycle, from executions to account allocations.