This is a program offered at DePauw which allows students to have hands-on technology training and work-related skills. ITAP covers almost all of DePauw's technological departments. ITAP students do not need to to select any certain major however, it combines the liberal arts education with the latest technology training. This prepares us well for the working world of technology. I am currently an ITAP Apprentice in four rotations being trained in different types of technology. In the next years I will be an ITAP Associate with an on-campus internships of my choosing. I could also have my own technology project or an off-campus IT internship.
- Visual Basic.net
- Learned how to use this coding language
- Culminated in a final project creating a virtual flashcard program
- I now use this to make note cards and study for exams.
- Web Authoring
- Learned how to proficiently use Dreamweaver
- Learned HTML and CSS coding
- Designed my own website from scratch (see link on the right)
- Technical Training and Support
- Project manager for cumulative project of an instructional video seriesand brochure on DePauw Printing Systems
- Created brochure on Technologies of DePauw.
- Worked in DePauw's Faculty Instructional Technical Support suite
- 6-week use of Instructional Design