Career Services experience at three colleges and universities.Previous college recruiting experience.Expertise in creating and delivering career planning and development presentations, seminar facilitation, and college teaching.Passionate about assessment and continuous improvement.
- Completed 2 marathons (Columbus Marathon - 2005, Disney Marathon - 2011)
- Completed 6 half marathons (Cincinnati Flying Pig - 2008-2010, Columbus - 2008-2009, Charleston - 2011)
- Performed a starring role (Lucy) in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, 2005
- Performed a starring role (Robin) in Godspell, 2004
- Performed multiple roles in William Shakespeare's The Tempest, 2003
Aug 2010 - Present
Career Center Training Coordinator
- Designed and facilitated over 100 presentations to undergraduate and graduate students about a wide variety of career-related topics.
- Served as a guest presenter to numerous classes and student organizations to increase student awareness about career preparation.
- Led the implementation of career planning elements into the campus-wide eLeadership Portfolio.
- Managed the implementation of Interview Stream, an online interview software package, available to all students and alumni.
- Created a series of career planning seminars available to all undergraduate and graduate students.
- Started a series of Career Coach messages about a variety of career and post-college transition topics, which are sent to students' via email and posted on Facebook.
Sep 2008 - Jun 2010
Undergraduate Career Consultant
- Conducted hour-long mock interviews providing feedback to over 360 undergraduate business students.
- Created Business Administration 589, a one-credit course designed to prepare students to intern overseas.
- Selected 11 undergraduate students to participate in the College's first internship program to London, England.
- Co-instructed a job preparation course to 59 undergraduate business students.
- Initiated bi-weekly conversations about how student development theory can aid professional practice.
- Analyzed student and recruiter feedback data assessing the effectiveness of a mock interview program, which will be published in an undergraduate student transition monograph.
Jan 2010 - Mar 2010
- Assisted students with their resumes, cover letters, and internship search.
- Provided critical feedback to students on internship stipend application essays.
- Answered full-time job and graduate school search inquiries.
- Suggested the creation of and participated in a mock career fair pretending to be a prospective employer.
Feb 2007 - Aug 2008
Human Resources Generalist
- Responsible for technical training and professional development for over 1,000 hourly and salaried employees.
- Faciliated a variety of courses on topics such as safety, food quality, harassment awareness, interviewing skills, etc. to hourly and salaried employees.
- Coached and indirectly supervised ten hourly associates in full-time technical training duties.
- Managed a training budget that exceeded $900,000 per year.
- Designed systems to track all training courses to ensure updated training was provided at regular intervals.
Jul 2006 - Feb 2007
Human Resources Management Trainee
- Spent over three months rotating through the plant's various departments while learning about job responsibilities for the factory's 1,500 employees.
- Updated job descriptions and the employee handbook, and created manufacturing training videos
Sep 2008 - Jun 2010
Master of Arts
The Ohio State University
- Completed requirements for a specialization in College and University Teaching
- Taught two sections of an Honors Organizational Behavior course and received critical feedback from an award-winning management professor
- Received the 2009 Porterfield-Dickens Award, a $500 research scholarship (awarded on an annual basis to one master's candidate)
- Master's Thesis: Efficacy of a College Access Program Targeting Parents of Elementary-Aged Children
- Research Internship: Lancaster University College Dean Orientation
Sep 2002 - Jun 2006
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Undergraduate Honors Thesis: Correlation Between Facutly and Student Satisfaction in Higher Education
- Presented research results at Ohio State University's 2006 Denman Undergraduate Research Forum
- Received over $1,900 from the Fisher College of Business to fund this research
Market Research Project: The Official Class Ring of The Ohio State University: A Tradition in the Making
- Developed a survey assessing students' attitudes and marketing strategies about The Ohio State University class ring.
- Presented research results at college ring manufacturer Balfour's annual conference in Austin, Texas, the first student to ever be asked to present at this conference
Honors and Awards:
- Magna Cum Laude
- Graduated with Honors in Business Administration
- Graduated with Distinction in Human Resources by completing a research thesis
- Named to Dean's List every quarter of enrollment
- Beta Gamma Sigma
- Order of Omega
- Fisher College of Business Pace Setter (2005)
- Received Outstanding Senior designation for student involvement
- Recognized as a Sorority Woman of the Year for student and Greek involvement
Selected Activities and Societies:
- Honors Business Cohort Program
- Delta Delta Delta
- Student-Alumni Council
- Honors Ambassadors
- LeaderShape (2004)