Supervisor, Project Management Support
- Supervised the daily operations of the Bottle Preparation Department, while responsible for the recruitment, training and scheduling of staff to ensure balanced coverage and to meet daily delivery commitments.
- Prepared and delivered bi-annual employee performance appraisals in addition to assisting in the performance management of the department by providing clear direction, support, and guidance as required.
- Expedited the completion of Corrective Action Reports and implemented effective customer service satisfaction strategies by root cause analysis and follow-up coaching and training sessions.
- Supervised the operations of the Sample Archiving Department with respect to the storage and inventory of samples and reagents and the safe and proper disposal of hazardous waste in accordance with Environmental Health and Safety regulatory requirements.
- Successfully led and participated on several Six Sigma DMAIC and DMADV project and Kaizen initiatives for the Environmental Customer Service Department including the implementation of an organization wide sample handling process that improved productivity and accuracy.
- Developed and managed IT test plans, drafted and edited SOPs, user guides and instructional documentation, participated in alpha and beta testing, and delivered important initiatives through IT systems implementation.
- Lead, managed and coordinated the day-to-day activities for a team of Project Managers, Project Manager Assistants, and regional Customer Service depots including the organization of customer account coverage and the facilitation of team meetings.
- Trained, mentored and coached Project Managers and Project Manager Assistants to ensure all client interactions were handled with professionalism, while encouraging and promoting the overall growth of the employees’ skills and attitudes.
- Developed a detailed training curriculum and trained the Environmental Customer Service Staff in sampling protocols, environmental regulations, Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), project management and LIMS applications.
- Supervised the daily operations of the Sample Reception Department, involving the receipt of client samples, resolution of submission discrepancies, project definition of analysis requested and the proper storage of samples.