2008 - Present
Sales & Marketing Manager
Cantley Hotel Group
- Headhunted and tasked with accountability for the sales and marketing development of an independent Hotel group; created pro-active business strategies and growth plans within a period of global recession.
- Analysed existing client base and revitalised existing revenue streams by applying thorough market research, mystery shopping and data analysis techniques.
- Implemented highly effective marketing strategies and gained new corporate business, increasing revenue potential by over £100k within 6 months.
- Developed brand synergy between Cantley Lodge & Cantley House Hotel, introducing niche marketing strategies and capitalising on local community engagement.
2007 - 2008
Sales & Marketing Manager
- Initially recruited by established Gardening and Maintenance Company to implement franchising department and develop sales strategies for continual growth.
- Created protocols, cross-functional training plans for a team of 15 staff and introduced business planning processes, streamlining existing business concept in order to develop customer service standards and delivery memorandum.
- Developed £246k of new business within 12 months in-spite of economic downturn; negotiated the achievement of 3 largest revenue and profit generating contracts in company history with a total value of £100k within 18 months in conjunction with several additional smaller contracts worth £1000 - £3000 per client.
1997 - 2007
Holmes Place Health Clubs
- Promoted to General Manager of premier Wokingham branch from prior General Management position due to senior management recognition of extensive achievements and business development ability.
- Advised on development of new-build £5.2m, 42,000sqft leisure facilities ensuring appropriate Health & Safety regulations, aesthetics, time-scales and scheduling, alongside pre-sales development prior to official opening.
- Instrumental in increasing membership sales from initial conception to 3500 within 3 years, working with a marketing budget of £60k per annum.
- Recruited full team of 50 staff from scratch across all departments including reception; childcare; personal training; gym team; studio co-ordinators; sales; duty management and cleaning contractors. Accountable for all HR, training and motivational development.
- Analysed financial budgeting, P&L, bottom line profitability and streamlined general operations to achieve club turnover of £2.2m within 4 years and 140% of EBITDA budget ahead of projections.
1991 - 1997
Stakis / Hilton Group Health Clubs
- Promoted 3 times over full period of employment to undertake general management roles across the UK.