• Assisted and educated 17 Clinic Nurse Managers in proper business practices pertaining the Navy's Composite Health Care System (CHCS) including proper data entry, data quality issues and proper utilization of generated reports.
• Assisted the Federal Coordination Center Coordinator with National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) implementation within the New England Arena. (post 9/11 implementation of a database to track wounded civilians during a national crisis)
• Oversaw the assembling of medical supplies for deploying United States Marine Corps forces.
• Supervised 100 personnel and 4 middle managers.
• Responsible for an annual budge of 1.9 million dollars
• Implemented a computerized Prime Vendor Interface decreasing shipment and receiving time by 40%
• Oversaw the ordering, receiving and assembling of 1.3 million dollars in medical supplies in a 72-hour period in support of forces deploying to Kosovo.
Duty Stations and assigment prior to 2000:
• Division Officer- USS Fort McHenry (LSD-43) Sasebo, Japan
• Instructor- Naval Undersea Medical Institute Groton, CT
• Customer Service Representative Naval Hospital Pensacola FL
• Phamacy Technician Naval Hospital Pensacola FL
• Hospital Corpsman USS Iowa (BB-61) Norfolk VA.
• CompTIA A+ Certification 12/08• MCTS (Configuring Windows Vista) 12/08• CompTIA Network+ 1/09• MCSA- 5/09.
Summary of Qualifications and Objective
Although my background is in Healthcare Administration, my 20 years experience in the United States Navy and 30 years of personal experience working with computers will be a great benefit to my next employer.
I am a family oriented man who enjoys racquetball with my son, spring and open-water diving with my girlfriend, and spending time with friends.I try to do something for my mind, body and spirit everyday. I love to read and don't have a working TV at my house(much to my 16 year old son's dismay who visits me on the weekends!)
Thanks to my Navy retirement and the Montgomery GI Bill I have been a full-time student for three years while I gather up the new tools for my next career as a Network Administrator. It's been quite a trip being a 40-something student but I'm now able and ready!