Dec 2007 - Dec 2008
Aug 2005 - Mar 2006
Assisted Living Facility Administrator
Hampton Manor at Deerwood
Aug 2003 - Aug 2005
TimberRidge Nursing and Rehabilitation
Jun 2000 - Jun 2003
Assistant Patient Administration Department Head
United States Navy-Naval Ambulatory Care Center
• Assisted and educated 17 Clinic Nurse Managers in proper business practices pertaining the Navy's Composite Health Care System (CHCS) including proper data entry, data quality issues and proper utilization of generated reports.
• Assisted the Federal Coordination Center Coordinator with National Disaster Medical System (NDMS) implementation within the New England Arena. (post 9/11 implementation of a database to track wounded civilians during a national crisis)
Mar 1998 - May 2000
Chief Operations Officer
United States Navy- 2nd Medical Logistics Company
• Oversaw the assembling of medical supplies for deploying United States Marine Corps forces.
• Supervised 100 personnel and 4 middle managers.
• Responsible for an annual budge of 1.9 million dollars
• Implemented a computerized Prime Vendor Interface decreasing shipment and receiving time by 40%
• Oversaw the ordering, receiving and assembling of 1.3 million dollars in medical supplies in a 72-hour period in support of forces deploying to Kosovo.
Jun 1983 - Feb 2000
United States Navy- Various
Duty Stations and assigment prior to 2000:
• Division Officer- USS Fort McHenry (LSD-43) Sasebo, Japan
• Instructor- Naval Undersea Medical Institute Groton, CT
• Customer Service Representative Naval Hospital Pensacola FL
• Phamacy Technician Naval Hospital Pensacola FL
• Hospital Corpsman USS Iowa (BB-61) Norfolk VA.
2008 - 2009
New Horizons Computer Learning Center
• CompTIA A+ Certification 12/08• MCTS (Configuring Windows Vista) 12/08• CompTIA Network+ 1/09• MCSA- 5/09.
2006 - 2008
Jun 1983 - Dec 1999
Task and Project Management
Microsoft Office Suite
Summary of Qualifications and Objective
Although my background is in Healthcare Administration, my 20 years experience in the United States Navy and 30 years of personal experience working with computers will be a great benefit to my next employer.
- Seeking Network Administrator or other computer position in Information Technology also interested in Healthcare Infomatics
- Over twenty years experience in administrative positions
- One year experience in IT Technician position for Internet Service Provider company
- HoldAS degree in Computer Information Technology-Software
- A+, Net+, MCP(Vista), MCSA 2003.
- I have a strong work ethic, ability to lead or follow, excellent verbal and written skills, adaptive, strong sense of team, and exceptional time and project management abilities.
I am a family oriented man who enjoys racquetball with my son, spring and open-water diving with my girlfriend, and spending time with friends.I try to do something for my mind, body and spirit everyday. I love to read and don't have a working TV at my house(much to my 16 year old son's dismay who visits me on the weekends!)
Thanks to my Navy retirement and the Montgomery GI Bill I have been a full-time student for three years while I gather up the new tools for my next career as a Network Administrator. It's been quite a trip being a 40-something student but I'm now able and ready!