Senior HR Consultant (Benefits, LOA Management)
Serving as primary point of contact for all Tides employees regarding LOA, FMLA, state mandated programs, short and long term disability, and workers’ compensation.
- Educate employees and managers on leave eligibility, length and types of leaves, HR policy, and return to work procedures. Estimate pay for employees, considering vacation and sick time combined with other benefits.
- In charge of full management of workers’ compensation program including filing claims, corresponding with Travelers Casualty, and gathering proper documentation.
- Responsible for administration of employee benefits. Sustaining contact with providers (Kaiser, Cigna, Transamerica, Flex-Plan, VSP) and employees to facilitate complete utilization of plans for all employees. Handle benefit inquiries and complaints to ensure quick, equitable resolution.
- Process enrollment for all new hires and maintain benefit records in ADP Workforce Now and resolves benefit information systems inquiries. Reconcile benefits accounts by preparing and approving billing statements.
- Ensure compliance with statutory rules associated with benefit plans, federal and state requirements, and Tides SPD.
- Assist in frequent evaluations of internal and external administrative processes.