Since joining the Australian Public Service in 1992 I have performed many roles within the ICT domain incorporating help desk, application development, team lead, solution architect and enterprise architect. I have performed at the Executive Level 2 for almost 12 years to which I have demonstrated experience in high-level management, leadership and strategy for ICT Branches. I have performed the role of SES on five separate occasions since 2010 twice with the Department of Human Services (Centrelink) and three times within ACBPS since joining in late 2011.
My outgoing, inquisitive and focussed nature - combined with my technical background, provides me with a rare ability to be able to easily communicate with both business and technical leaders to achieve the business outcomes required.
Some of my most important work achievements are:
- Development and co-ordination of the technical architecture documentation required to confirm funding for the ACBPS and DIP Reform and Integration 2nd Pass Business Case. $700m funding was agreed in 2015 Budget announcement as a result of this achievement.
- Identification, costing and inclusion of technical operations functions detailed within the initial ACBPS reform business case.
- Expansion and management of the tender documentation for Traveller Clearance POC Market approach - delivering enterprise solutions for Border Clearance
- Guided business on scope definition for a core organisational analytics capabilty to focus the New Policy Proposal (NPP) costings on delivering the correct technical outcome.
- Developed the ACBPS Technology Strategy.
- Grew the ACBPS Enterprise Architecture practice from a project deliverable to a functioning and influential capability
- Developed Centrelink's Digitisation Architecture and National Virtual Processing Platform (NVPP).
- Developed organisational patterns, implementation designs and applications within Centrelink's online services capability, staff portal and collaboration platforms.
- Presenting organisational visions and goals to internal ICT audiences but also national and international speaking appearances.
My 22 years service in federal public service has given me the opportunity to work with , form and maintain relationships with many inspiring ICT leaders (senior executive and director levels) across many different departments. The knowledge, skills and rapport I have and are able to easily gain would prove beneficial to any organisation.