Assignments & Projects delivered
- Leading a business mentoring, support and networking group for 69 business leaders and entrepreneurs. I organise and chair monthly peer-to-peer workshops for the group to resolve business issues, and enhance the performance and productivity of their businesses. The result has been some members have reporting a trebling of profits as a result of the actions taken.
- I led and restructured team of 8 with £8m annual sales target in a software business.
- I launched a new Internet-based business delivering web-based consumer services.
- I raised funds (£90k) for test launch, and reached agreements for additional capital up to £700k.
- I led a team that developed the systems, the product, the business plan and the sales leads.
- I also found suppliers and prospects to develop the programme and run a test launch
- I established a UK operation for a French company that sells magazine subscriptions through direct marketing campaigns endorsed by the major banks and credit cards.
- I set up the premises, systems, people and a contact centre;
- I signed up 28 clients, including American Express, M&S and Nectar with contract values over £15m and developed multiple direct mail programmes.
- We delivered 40,000 customers and revenues of £2.5m.
- I worked with the US based CEO to develop, deliver and sell a new online emergency assistance service for credit card holders in the UK and US via partnership agreements with online banks.
- I designed and established processes, systems, business continuity plans, suppliers and facilities;
- Developed a profitable business from the start;
- Generated £1.5m cash in the first 7 months and negotiated contracts valued at more than £2m within the first year.
- Worked with Vistage (the World's largest network of CEO's) as a mentor, coach and confidante. I worked with over 25 Chief Executives across a diverse range of industries. These included: manufacturing, logistics, engineering, printing, packaging, and B2B and B2C services (in businesses up to £55m in sales). We resolved issues such as corporate structure, strategy and exit plans;
- Sundry projects as a Board level consultant to SMEs for the development of their marketing plans, communication strategies, meeting facilitation and enhanced teamwork;
- A speaker on "Vision, Values and Leadership" and a member of the judging panel for the Unisys Management Today National Service Excellence Awards;
- A meeting facilitator;
- I ran a 12-month project to research, develop, test and launch a card protection programme across 11 countries in Europe, South Africa and the Far East. I initiated, developed and directed business plans and sales training programmes for 25 managers;
- Merged two UK divisions to create a £45m business.