Build relationships to achieve increasing customer satisfaction.
Supply Chain Manager
- 1111 Prospect Lane, Des Plaines IL, 60018
- (847) 767-7445
- [email protected]
People focused. Manages relationships between all levels of the supply chain to improve processes, increase effectiveness and reduce cost.
• Manages global supply chain to provide on-time delivery of specialized, automotive components.
• Initiate change of Incoterms to take control of inbound logistics, increasing visibility from international suppliers, and reducing projected costs by $300k annually.
• Revise replenishment methods and safety stock further reducing inventory by 23.8% and increasing turns from 2.3 to 3.5.
• Resolve supply issues to satisfy automotive customer demand by escalating to appropriate authority and expediting however necessary.
• Source material and outside services to improve service level and reduce cost, saving greater than $400,000 year-to-date.
• Implement and manage Kanban system to ensure steady flow of goods throughout the supply chain.
• Procure fabricated parts and electronic components for both water-cooled and air-cooled instrument lines from US, European, and Asian suppliers, totaling $8.4 million in annual spend.
• Manage key materials on supplier consignment programs, reducing inventory-carrying costs by more than $3.8 million annually.
• Focus on continuous improvement to overcome purchasing and operations related process challenges.
• In process of streamlining Non-Conforming Material handling, inspection, and return to supplier processes, in conjunction with key Quality personnel.
• Reduced Non-Conforming inventory by $200k (82%) in less than 6 months by working with key stakeholders in inventory reduction projects.
• Review and negotiate contracts and terms with suppliers.
• Manage and purchase nearly 6,000 electrical and mechanical components for production needs at LaGrange facility and factory in Shenzhen, China, in accordance with the hard demand, forecast and safety stock requirements.
• Source and evaluate potential suppliers while maintaining ITAR compliance.
• Liaison between suppliers and Grayhill; communicating all contract and design changes as appropriate.
• Process Engineering change notices, updating Purchase Orders and notifying suppliers, following PPAP guidelines.
• Oversee a Kanban system to balance a lean inventory investment within a strong production environment.
• Manage procurement functions with engineering and marketing within new product development process.
• Work closely with quality and engineering by researching, sourcing, bidding, and negotiating new and current product revisions.
• Enhance strong relationships with suppliers by promoting value-added relationships.
• Purchase raw materials, finished goods, machined parts, and packaging.
• Act as liaison for vendor managed inventory.
• Participate in business simplification projects aiding accounts payable, engineering, and marketing.
• Managed and participated in the development of an online portal for technology related orders for Topco members while assisting in developing a public retail function.
• Performed indirect purchasing of services for nationwide accounts.
• Collaborated with customers and vendors to resolve adjustments, and facilitated charge-backs and credits.
• Excelled with well-developed communication skills in sales, coaching, and customer service.
• Assisted in managing over $2.5 million in vehicle fleet.
• Oversaw location revenue and developed cost analyses that compare expenses, maintenance, and vehicle condition.
• Built strong customer-focused relationships with corporate, auto body shops, and dealership accounts.
Covers a full range of supply chain topics from Forecasting, Manufacture Decisions, Inventory Strategies, Benchmarking, Process Improvement and more.
A unique learning experience to students who aspire to start businesses or obtain employment in growth-oriented small businesses.
Volunteer as a foster home for transitioning bull terriers. Offer multi-state transportation, promotional photos, education and home visits for prospective adopting families.