Planned and directed the start up or turnaround of several Regional and National Sales, Solution & Professional Services units with consistent success and speed by assessing talent, business processes and tools and taking needed actions to lead transformation and improvement.
Responsible for assembling and mobilizing a diverse team of sales, engineers/designers, services & commercial (financial & legal) with the purpose of closing $134m in sales and services
International Deal/Pursuit Leader & Strategic Partner Business Development
- Lead a team of Sales Executives, Solution Engineers, Professional Services Consultants and Commercial Directors in the Planning and Execution of International and Strategic ($5m+) Deals. Deals are typically complex and cover our portfolio of Unified Communications, Collaboration & Contact Center HW, SW and Managed Services solutions
- Lead & drive global Sales Growth and Profitability by developing & defining Strategic Partnerships with large solution providers (eg., Verizon, Motorola Inc.)
- Led Multi-cultural, Global team from Germany, Latin America and U.S. to reduce cost of product/solution development in Latin American by an estimated 12%.
Director, U.S. New Business Development
- Within 3 months hired, trained and developed sales team and developed a pipeline of over $30m
- Achieved #1 ranking in new sales and contributed to over 40% of total net new orders while remaining under budgeted headcount
- Established global best practice in solution selling methodology
Director, Solution/Sales Engineering
- Selected to start up and lead this team which resulted in exceeding sales quota attainment for 3 consecutive years
- Created a National Sales Engineering team responsible for Secure Data Network Solution Design. This included developing the policies, processes, training and tools necessary for realization. Team exceeded sales quota attainment in the first 3 years of existence
Director, Technology & Consulting Services
- Developed consulting services capabilities that resulted in incremental sales revenue (10%) and entry points to infrastructure refresh sales
- Achieved #1 ranking in 1st Generation VoIP sales with 80% of all sales
- Achieved #2 ranking nationally in Unified Communication sales
Assistant GM Florida Sales
- Within 4 months transformed the sales region with new staff and new practices that resulted in achieving 80% of full year (106% prorated) quota
- Improved profitability and Customer Satisfaction from worst in Company to Best which resulted in the establishment of Company Best Practices in Consultative Sales, Solution Development and Project Management
- Developed and led a task force to study and recommend ways to increase profitability 20% and restore customer satisfaction. Study led to a corporate restructuring and implementation of several process improvements that delivered 117% of targeted EBIT of $42m.