My name is Jillian Beasley and I am a recent graduate of Longwood University. I majored in communications with a specialization in organizational communications and public relations. My passion is meeting new people and traveling to new places and I strive to find a job and have a career that allows me to do both. I have a natural talent for speaking with people and making them feel comfortable in many different atmospheres. My goal is to discover a company that will allow me to pursue a career of going out and improving the business world through my many, diverse communication skills.
Skilled at developing external and internal message strategies, conducting research, media relations and strategic planning. Excellent creative thinker with dedicated ability to contribute by assisting the company in any way possible to achieve their overall goals. Experienced public speaker with motivation skills gained to successfully see projects through from beginning to end.
Public Relations Campaign:
· Developed a strategic public relations campaign for local organization as part of a 4-member team.
· Individual responsibilities included writing press materials, scheduling and providing leadership for team meetings and presenting proposal to client.
· Developed tactics and strategies for promoting the term “scholar” and encouraging students to view themselves as scholars.
Team Leader, Cascade Communication Agency
· Conducted internal communication audit for the Longwood University Lancer Productions
· Negotiated confidentiality agreement with client representative
· Gathered data through client interviews and a survey which received high response rate
· Analyzed data to determine organizational strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for improvement
· Compiled and presented an official audit report to the client