AVP, Legal Support Manager, Legal Documentation
First Collateral Services
Managed department operations and team of 11 in production of contractual legal documentation, as well as, backup of team functions, as warranted, for this mortgage warehouse loan originator where total commitments exceeded $4.5 billion.
- Revitalized and motivated team in a rapidly expanded department using management techniques such as weekly staff meetings, team development, training, and “Fish” culture. Actions afforded individual job enhancement, sense of accountability, maximized production, and invigorated environment.
- Selected by Citigroup management as senior manager to wind down all department operations that included, but not limited to, notice of defaults, wind down status of all remaining accounts, packing and retention reporting of legal files, and termination notifications to respective vendors.
- Transitioned department to 100% usage of web-based CRM database through active participation on development team, integrating elements of proprietary system with web-based CRM database tool.
- Developed and managed valuable analytical production reporting requested by company president for senior management. Recapitulated month-to-date and year-to-date new commitment growth in approved credit lines booked as well as profit and loss of legal pipeline in future commitments.
- Addressed risk management control regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley that mitigated future vulnerabilities and ensured controls, processes, and supporting documents met compliance standards.
- Structured comprehensive aptitude screening to measure skills, goals, and values of candidates to needs of department that provided recruitment of most versed team members.