· Chen, Xi., Dhungel, J. K., Bhattarai, S. P., Torabi, M., Pendergast, L., and Midmore D. J. (2010). Impact of oxygation on soil respiration, yield and water use efficiency of three crop species. Journal of Plant Ecology (Accepted in October 2010), DOI:10.1093/jpe/RTQ030.
· Bhattarai, S.P., Dhungel, J. K., and Midmore, D. J (2010). Oxygation Improves Yield and Quality and Minimizes Internal Fruit Crack of Cucurbits on a Heavy Clay Soil in the Semi-arid Tropics. Journal of Agricultural Science Vol. 2, No. 3: 18-25.
· Dhungel, J. K., Midmore D. J., Walsh, K.B., Chen, Xi., Bhattarai, S. P., and Subedi, P. P. (2009). Oxygation enhanced pineapple yield and quality, Proceedings of the VI International Symposium on Irrigation of Horticultural Crops, Viña del Mar, Chile, Nov. 2-6, 2009 (Refereed)
· Bhattarai, S. P., Midmore, D. J., and Dhungel, J. (2010) Improving pineapple crop water productivity, yield, quality and minimization of off-farm transport of pollutants from the field,
· Bhattarai, S. P., Midmore, D. J., and Dhungel, J. (2010). Diversifying the application of oxygation to lawn, landscape, and large scale agricultural irrigation. Paper presented in Australian Irrigation Conference and Exhibition, 8-10 June 2010, Sydney, Australia. http://www.irrigationaustralia.com.au/visitor.cfm?id=3 (Refereed)
Oral and Poster Presentations
· Torabi, M., Midmore, D. J., Bhattarai, S. P., Tait, L., Walsh, K. B. and Dhungel, J. K. (2008). Exploring factors influencing distribution of air-bubbles along irrigation lines in an open oxygation system. National and Trans-Tasman Horticultural Science Conference ‘Smart Science for Innovative Horticultural Enterprises', 21 - 23 July 2008, Gold Coast International Hotel, Surfers Paradise, QLD Australia (Oral and Poster)
· Dhungel, J. K., Midmore, D. J., Walsh, K., Bhattarai, S. P. and Pendergast, L. (2008). Oxygation in sub-surface drip irrigated cotton grown on different types of soil. 14th Australian Cotton Conference 12 - 14 August, 2008 Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre, Broadbeach Qld, Australia (Poster)
Invited Guest Speaker
· Role of oxygation in Australian drip irrigation system: variation in crop response
Texas A&M University, Agriculture Research Center, Lubbock, TX, USA (2010)
Workshops and Trainings
· Training on operation and handling of Scanning Electron Microscopy (2009)
· Workshop on Preparing Journal Articles for Publication
· Agri-environment and Agroforestry training
· Horticulture nursery training of tropical fruits
Skills: Equipment Handling calibration and installation:
Micro gopher, Green Light Red-light Moisture Sensor Device, Solu sampler, Full stop Wetting front detector, Hydro sense for soil moisture monitoring, IRGA, EGM 3, EGM 4 Environmental Gas Monitor for leaf and soil gas exchange monitor, Chlorophyll meter, SPAD for leaf chlorophyll content , OXY 4 & 3 for oxygen monitoring in the soil and irrigation water , Soil and atmospheric temperature monitoring devices.
Software: MS Office, Genstat, SAS, SPSS