London, UK and Toronto, Ontario
Contract Consultant - Business Transformation Advisor (UK; 2000)
Executive VP - Business Transformation (UK; 1997 - 1999)
Executive VP - Global Financial Services, HR and Business Transformation (UK; 1995 - 1997)
Senior Vice President - Human Resources, The Americas(Toronto; 1992 - 1995)
Continuously promoted throughout tenure with this multinational travel and financial services company employing 16,000 individuals worldwide. Charged with transitioning the organization from a product/volume operational focus to a customer-centric organization that would endure severe market threats caused by: the European Union, globalization, and accelerating technology advancements. Accountable for global HR functions and for the Business Transformation multi-functional teams. Conducted global search and hired the world's best thought leaders in strategy, business processes, consulting, and training. Managed the development of strategic plans and implementation, thus achieving a fast ROI and positioning the Company for long-term success.
As Contract Business Transformation Advisor to the CEO:
- Recruited by the CEO to provide business transformation consulting services. Recognized as an effective mentor for executives by driving change, mobilizing teams, and leading business transformation initiatives.
- Grew operations from a market value of ₤275M to ₤1.3B, while maintaining customer / employee satisfaction and retention in the 85%+ range.
- Played a key role in the formation of the Advisory Board and served as a Charter Member of the Board.
- Facilitated the transition of the organization to a customer-centric environment, which was crucial in order to compete in a multi-channel economy.
As Executive Vice President - Business Transformation:
- Spearheaded promoting technology optimization. Programs included: conversion from manual to fully-automated foreign exchange POS systems across North America, development and implementation of a global Intranet system, and launching of a B2B foreign exchange eCommerce site, among other programs.
- Implemented a knowledge management strategy, including best practices studies of Internet and call center convergence, sales force automation, and customer profitability management system.
As Executive Vice President - Financial Services, HR and Business Transformation:
- Global responsibility for HR policies, practices and programs with five direct reports in Asia, Middle East / Africa, Australia / New Zealand, Europe, and the Americas.
- Introduced decision-making matrices, corporate performance scorecards, a quality assurance process, internal benchmarking, a knowledge transfer process, and executive coaching / development programs.
- Achieved international recognition for business transformation process through sharing of best practices at worldwide conferences and through industry publications.
As Senior Vice President - Human Resources, The Americas:
- Orchestrated post-merger integration for the foreign exchange business and pre- and post-merger integration for the Marlin Travel acquisition in Canada and Mexico.
- Transitioned the HR department from an administrative unit to a professional consultative unit. Implemented behavioral management into HR products and services.
- Chaired the North American Pension and Benefits Committee. Aligned the compensation and benefits to support business strategies: performance pay, team-based incentives, and mix of fixed to variable pay.