1989 to 1999
MBNA (acquired by Bank of America in 2005) was a leading provider of financial services and the world's largest independent issuer of credit cards. During a period of rapid growth, held a number of management positions with a primary focus on existing customer marketing, product management, and operations.
Senior Vice President, Portfolio Activation
1998 to 1999
Responsible for account performance of acquired portfolios and dormant affinity groups. Developed and implemented marketing campaigns, credit line assignments, and pricing strategies to improve account profitability. Assisted with portfolio valuation during due diligence phases.
- Strategies resulted in 26% growth of loan portfolio
- Assumed portfolio management responsibilities for a $2.7 billion acquired loan portfolio including placement of acquired employees
- Reduced marketing costs by 47% through package redesign and consolidation initiatives
Senior Vice President, Palladian Travel Service
1997 to 1998
Launched and managed a start-up subsidiary formed to market travel services to MBNA customers. Grew organization from inception with responsibility for hiring, training, regulatory compliance, operational procedures and marketing.
- Generated $16 million in year one sales and eliminated external contracts resulting in an additional annual savings of $600K
- Developed strategies to shift consumer purchases to more profitable cruise and tour business resulting in average 40% increase in revenues
First Vice President, Customer Retention
1995 to 1997
Managed the Customer Retention Department with responsibility for activation and retention of profitable credit card accounts. Responsibilities included a 180 person call center and $8 million annual operating budget.
- Implemented new sales tools resulting in a 92bp improvement in portfolio yield
- Redefined profitable account criteria resulting in 20% reallocation of resources towards more profitable segments and pre-emptive retention strategies
- Generated $600 million in loan balances through implementation of a balance transfer program
Vice President, Product Development Sr. Project Manager
1993 to 1995
Developed new product ideas and revenue optimization initiatives. Managed full development cycle from initial concept through research and testing to rollout.
- Completed research and launch of the MBNA Platinum Plus card which drove an average 90% lift in marketing response rates.
- Implemented new card technology including PictureCard and Photo ID cards resulting in an average 21% lift in marketing response rates and a 50% decrease in card production costs
- Completed international markets research resulting in the launch of a new personal loan product for the company's UK subsidiary
Assistant Vice President, Risk Management
1992 to 1993
Responsible for reduction of credit and fraud losses through implementation of card authorization and referral strategies. Group focused on working with customers to optimize credit terms while mitigating risk and retaining high worth customers.
Senior Officer, Loyalty Marketing Program Manager
1989 to 1992
Responsible for development and implementation of marketing programs targeting existing customer base.