Senior executive with extensive background in financial service management. Particular expertise in start-up and business re-engineering initiatives with a focus on maximizing profitability. Results oriented manager with proven ability to successfully develop and execute strategic plans for financial service organizations.
Feb 2005 - Nov 2008
Chief Marketing Officer
Fort Knox is a third party processor focused on C2B electronic payment. Fort Knox provides bill payment solutions for more than 300 clients including some of the nation's most recognized consumer brands. Fort Knox is also the country's largest processor of military allotment payments.
Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
Responsible for strategic planning, product management, sales, client management, and marketing communications.
- Launched ASP product enabling broader client acquisition and lower servicing costs
- Grew new product revenues 50+% annually, while restructuring the business for legacy client erosion
- Led client transition initiatives upon ownership's decision to abandon C2B payment space
Sep 1999 - Jan 2005
Chief Operating Officer
Ecount (acquired by CitiCorp in 2007) utilizes next generation technology to develop innovative payment solutions for companies and individuals with a particular emphasis on prepaid Visa and MasterCard accounts. Served as a leading member of the management team from the inception of the organization. Contributed to the development and execution of the company's strategic direction resulting in average annual revenue growth of 60%.
Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
1999 to 2005
Launched and managed all core operating functions within the company including Customer Service, Risk Management, Human Resources, Information Technology, Client Management and Vendor Management.
- Managed the development of all front and back end technology supporting multiple product lines
- Achieved average annual service cost reductions of 34% through product design changes and technology implementation
- Represented operations in all capital raising and due diligence exercises culminating in an $11 million investment in January, 2001
- Developed HR and recruiting strategies during the company's rapid growth from 10 to 75 FTE with responsibility for benefits, compensation, facilities, corporate policy, and performance based management
Senior Vice President, Consumer Products Group
2002 to 2005
Proposed and launched consumer products business unit focused on marketing prepaid card programs directly to consumers. Responsible for all elements of product design and operational support.
- Developed distinct products for sector opportunities including retail, direct marketing and debt counseling
- Marketing and sales strategies focused exclusively on performance based customer acquisition costs - requiring no marketing investment
- Generated high margin recurring revenue contributing more than 10% of overall company revenue in the first year
Nov 1989 - Sep 1999
Senior Vice President
1989 to 1999
MBNA (acquired by Bank of America in 2005) was a leading provider of financial services and the world's largest independent issuer of credit cards. During a period of rapid growth, held a number of management positions with a primary focus on existing customer marketing, product management, and operations.
Senior Vice President, Portfolio Activation
1998 to 1999
Responsible for account performance of acquired portfolios and dormant affinity groups. Developed and implemented marketing campaigns, credit line assignments, and pricing strategies to improve account profitability. Assisted with portfolio valuation during due diligence phases.
- Strategies resulted in 26% growth of loan portfolio
- Assumed portfolio management responsibilities for a $2.7 billion acquired loan portfolio including placement of acquired employees
- Reduced marketing costs by 47% through package redesign and consolidation initiatives
Senior Vice President, Palladian Travel Service
1997 to 1998
Launched and managed a start-up subsidiary formed to market travel services to MBNA customers. Grew organization from inception with responsibility for hiring, training, regulatory compliance, operational procedures and marketing.
- Generated $16 million in year one sales and eliminated external contracts resulting in an additional annual savings of $600K
- Developed strategies to shift consumer purchases to more profitable cruise and tour business resulting in average 40% increase in revenues
First Vice President, Customer Retention
1995 to 1997
Managed the Customer Retention Department with responsibility for activation and retention of profitable credit card accounts. Responsibilities included a 180 person call center and $8 million annual operating budget.
- Implemented new sales tools resulting in a 92bp improvement in portfolio yield
- Redefined profitable account criteria resulting in 20% reallocation of resources towards more profitable segments and pre-emptive retention strategies
- Generated $600 million in loan balances through implementation of a balance transfer program
Vice President, Product Development Sr. Project Manager
1993 to 1995
Developed new product ideas and revenue optimization initiatives. Managed full development cycle from initial concept through research and testing to rollout.
- Completed research and launch of the MBNA Platinum Plus card which drove an average 90% lift in marketing response rates.
- Implemented new card technology including PictureCard and Photo ID cards resulting in an average 21% lift in marketing response rates and a 50% decrease in card production costs
- Completed international markets research resulting in the launch of a new personal loan product for the company's UK subsidiary
Assistant Vice President, Risk Management
1992 to 1993
Responsible for reduction of credit and fraud losses through implementation of card authorization and referral strategies. Group focused on working with customers to optimize credit terms while mitigating risk and retaining high worth customers.
Senior Officer, Loyalty Marketing Program Manager
1989 to 1992
Responsible for development and implementation of marketing programs targeting existing customer base.