Manoukian E.P.QS & Construction Management
- Practice on how to do shop drawings and bill of quantity (BOQ).
- Prepare a set of 3 cylinders formed of fresh concrete before pouring to measure its compressive strength
- Perform the slump test to check the concrete workability.
- Checking reinforcement by making sure that:
o The drawings on the maps are properly translated in the field, either it’s the location of stirrups, spacing of rebars, or diameter of reinforcement used....
o The minimum length of splicing, dowels, and hooks is satisfied.
o The rebars used are clean and not corroded.
- Inspecting the formwork by making sure that:
o The plastic spacers are properly installed to insure that the proper concrete cover will be set.
o The wood and steel spacers are properly placed and spaced.
o No hollow spaces are encountered in the wood.
o The formwork is leveled vertically and horizontally.
o The formwork is well hydrated one hour prior concrete pouring.
- Supervising the pouring process by making sure that:
o There is no spilling of concrete in large quantities when transferred from the pump the place to be poured.
o Enough cylinders and slump boxes are taken.
o Vibration of concrete is consistent while pouring.