Nantucket Public Schools
Lead Learner at the Cyrus Peirce Middle School located on the island of Nantucket.
Priority: listen and build trust and relationships with teachers, students, parents, administrators, and the community.
- Led school to 1:1 learning environment with Chromebooks for all 350 students and 45+ teachers.
- Piloted "Instructional Learning Cycles" a teacher-driven structure for professional development, including peer observations.
- Improved school culture with focus on new motto of “Do the Right Thing”
- Continuously improving school to home communication and community relations with weekly email updates and by utilizing social media for public relations.
- Worked toward the adoption of an updated website for the school and district.
- Assisted in design of school website.
- Expanded the opportunities for student support within the school day, including interventions and extensions.
- Participated in teacher contract negotiations.
- Participated in facilities staff contract development and negotiations.
- Supported the development of a Project Based Learning course.
- Developed master schedule for the school.
- Developed advisory program for the middle school.
- Chaired district Professional Development Committee leading to long-term vision for PD.