Pastor Connections & Discipleship
Center Pointe Christian Church
I am currently serving as Pastor of Connections and Discipleship at Center Pointe Christian Church in Liberty Township Ohio. Some highlights and achievements:
- Generated increased awareness of groups and serving opportunities by updating our partnership process to include a next step component. This change increased inquiries and communication between myself, new guest and longtime attendees to Center Pointe. Our conversion from attendee to partner (member) averages at 30-45% per each session of 24 people per session.
- Part of my role is the oversight and responsibility of the Connections Ministry. This ministry is comprised of Greeters, New Guest Children Check-in Host, Cafe Team Host and Ushers. I brought these siloed teams together under one umbrella we called Connections and instituted a shirt that raised the visibility of the team for our weekend experiences. Here is one effort that has made a tremendous impact:
- Moved an analog system for checking in a guest to a digital format by computerizing check-in and data collection. Previous data collection was a box of index cards containing new guest information; which was not shared with anyone outside of children's ministry. In creating a centralized gathering point of new guest information within our data management system, helped us between January 2014 -to current in processing and communicating with over 500 unique persons visiting Center Pointe.
- Developed a unified team of volunteers, with ongoing training, recruitment, accountability and role development and communication. To date, I have brought together a team of 80 volunteers that now compromise our connections ministry. These once siloed teams, are now unified and working from the same visioning perspective and are becoming a stronger growth engine for Center Pointe. They have been given clear role descriptions along with regular intervals of meeting for sharing, celebration, and vision casting.
- Led in developing and integrating social media into our connections process and communication. Net results were:
- Increased event registration with fewer volunteers needed.
- Improved and fast response to acknowledge new families before Sunday morning was over.
- Creating text voting for use during worship experience, and text information group.
- Increased new guest first step (Starting Pointe) registration by streamlining and offering registration on multiple platforms.
- Created a digital guest survey process which increased responses more than 200% of previous efforts.