Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Company is the world’s premiere maker of portable GPS Navigation devices created specifically for the ‘active lifestyle’ consumer. In addition to utilizing the industry’s most award-winning automotive navigation software, company has partnered with a number of leading developers in outdoor navigation and multimedia.
Co-founded the company in Hong Kong with 3 partners. Established the U.S. based subsidiary for sales and marketing in the Americas, Europe, and Australia. Created strategic partnerships with several of the largest GPS software manufacturers in the world through leading teams of engineers, designers and contract manufacturers in Hong Kong, China, Chicago, Los Angeles, and Germany. Managed a team of outside sales representatives, developed complete go-to-market strategy, launching simultaneously in the electronics and sporting goods industries with all in-house PR and marketing.
- Established an import/warehousing/sales agreement with the largest GPS distributor in the world (over $1 billion in sales per year) to manage supply chain and logistics for North America
- Personally designed/developed/wrote all literature, web site, product manuals, gift box packaging, and press releases
- Exclusive worldwide launch took place on the Home Shopping Network with the Expresso AG1 (Automotive/Golf GPS device), introducing our brand into millions of homes
- Shortly after the HSN launch, we launched with many of the largest retailers including but not limited to Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Golfsmith, The Golf Warehouse, PGA Tour Superstores, and Sears
- Negotiated a highly competitive “Black Friday” promotion with Sears, featuring the Expresso AG1 as the only outdoor GPS in Sears’ Black Friday catalog
- Media write-ups in: ENGADGET, About.com, TWICE, Autoblog, Edmunds, E-Gear, ECoustics, MobileWhack, 12 Volt News, Navigadget, I4U, OhGizmo, CEoutlook, 2DayBlog, iTechNews, Mobile Electronics Magazine, and more