- Self-starter with strong record of accomplishment leading successful business development initiatives in highly competitive, high growth industries including internet technology, marketing services, and online advertising.
- Senior internet technology sales and business development professional - skilled in developing strategic partnerships, managing relationships with high-level executives, consultative sales, launching market penetration strategies, and building distribution channels.
- Key decision maker able to quickly achieve goals through proven management skills, execution and team development.
Jan 2009 - Present
Senior Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
- Responsible for enterprise software and professional services sales to 25 targeted major accounts in financial services, insurance, telecommunications, utilities, and pharmaceutical verticals from remote sales office.
- Penetrated enterprise accounts, established multiple levels of relationships with buying influencers, developed and utilized coaches, and uncovered sales opportunities through and strategic selling.
- Sold hosted and on-premise software applications for knowledge management, email response, chat, web self-service, and web collaboration to enterprise call centers and multi-channel organizations.
- Led 5-8 person pitch teams across multiple functions including technical, sales, consulting, and implementation to successfully deliver proposals in large seven figure software and services RFP’s.
- Successfully sold software pilots to GlaxoSmithKline North America.
- Instrumental in securing additional business and managing growth in all aspects of key accounts.
Nov 2001 - Jan 2009
Vice President Business Development
- Responsible for creating and growing a business-to-business division of software as a service (Saas) company. Managed all phases of growth from initial market analysis through team building, partner acquisition, marketing strategy, and sales execution.
- Achieved double digit revenue growth every year for 5 consecutive years; 135% compound annual growth rate with $3.9 million gross sales in 2007. Achieved 79% customer renewal rate.
- Responsible for B2B sales of hosted business solutions to commercial companies; including closing new customers and growing existing accounts while also hiring, training, and coaching inside sales representatives.
- Directly accountable for 60% of company revenue. Manage strategic partnership with company’s largest customer and value-added reseller; a $4.5 billion major distributor of office products and industrial supplies.
- Increased customer acquisition rate by 25% through alternative sales channel developed in partnership with largest customer; acquired 300 customers in 12 months through partner’s national sales force.
- Responsible for penetrating specific targeted enterprise companies, developing direct sales, and negotiatingstrategic partnerships to drive the business forward. Accounts include: Steelcase, United Stationers, Kimball International, Knoll, Allsteel, Teknion, Global Industries, La-Z-Boy, and Office Furniture Dealer’s Association.
- Speaerheaded marketing and lead generation to increase sales force productivity by 20%. Developed via email, search engine, and direct marketing campaigns; Hired and managed appointment setting firm.
Dec 1999 - Jul 2001
Vice President Strategic Partnerships
- Member of 10 person management team responsible for developing new lines of business to extend reach of About.com network, create new revenue streams, and contribute to growth of other About divisions including About Web Services, About Direct, and Sprinks.
- Developed Luna Network co-marketing program consisting of 1,500 independent websites and responsible for 50% of overall ad inventory for About.com; approximately 9mm unique visitors.
- Launched Luna Network Q1 2000; grew program in increments of 500m page views per Quarter through 2000 calendar year; contributed 1.5 billion page views in Q4 2000; $15mm in annual revenue.
- Hired, trained, and managed departmental staff of 14 including business development negotiators, partner relationship managers, editors, html producer, product manager and business analyst.
- Developed Associate Publisher Network; recruited distributed sales force of 100 independent contractors in Q2 2001 to sell online promotion and search optimization packages.
- Created financial model, pricing strategy, and sales valuation methodology, hired and managed agency to build program recruitment website. Developed online training course to train network remotely.
Jan 1999 - Nov 1999
Director Business Development
Promotion Development Group
- Director of division specializing in development of strategic alliances to support integrated marketing campaigns.Key Accounts: MSNBC Networks, BMG Music, A&E Television, Eyemark Entertainment, and HBO Home Video.
- Managed business development; created business plan, fee structure, and agency brochure.New accounts: Launch.com, Weather Channel, Ramada International, and Eyemark Entertainment.$600m in revenue.
- Oversaw 3 Account Managers; provided strategic leadership on partnership marketing negotiation and contract development.Projects included cable television affiliate marketing programs, interactive overlays, off-network retail overlays, entertainment property tie-ins, and continuity and loyalty programs.
- Created PartnerBaseTM proprietary database system profiling over 3,000 alliance prospects at companies in 45 business categories, including entertainment, packaged goods, retail and interactive.
Mar 1996 - Jan 1999
Strategic Partnership Manager
- Key member of 5 person innovation and business development team responsible for new business generation and cross client partnership initiatives for North America business unit; provided strategic planning and research to support new business initiatives; secured $3.5mm in 1997 revenue.
- Provided support to 6 integrated account teams; managing partnership marketing programs and strategic alliances for AT&T WorldNet, Citibank, Lincoln-Mercury, Taco Bell, Chevron, and H&R Block.
- Spearheaded initiative to expand entertainment marketing practice and working relationships with movie studios including Universal Studios, Columbia Tri-Star, 20th Century Fox, Paramount, Warner Bros, and Dreamworks.
- Consulted clients on partnership marketing programs. Clients included: 20th Century Fox, Philips Magnavox, Fisher-Price, Sears, and Sony Metreon with budgets totaling $900M.
Mar 1993 - Nov 1995
Western International Media
- Developed media-driven promotions for Disney Corporation, Albertson’s, Bally’s Health & Tennis and other service-based clients. Campaigns included media event sponsorships, merchandising, partnership development, and account-specific program. Budgets ranged from $275M to $400M.
- Developed promotion strategies for new business presentations, managing project teams up to 15 including broadcast, MIS, creative, multi-cultural, and research departments.
- Member of development team responsible for growth and systems management as division expanded from 13 to 30 employees.
Sonar Sailing Fleet Member & Treasurer
Nyack Boat Club
Essex Fells Zoning Board of Adjustment
2002 - Present
Essex Fells Volunteer Fire Department
1987 - 1991
Lehigh University - College of Business and Economics