United States Department of Homeland Security
As an Accreditation Program Manager in the Border Patrol Academy, interpreted the Federal Law Enforcement Training Accreditation standards, determined the goals and objectives that need emphasis, and developed measures that evaluated performance, . .
- Made recommendations for program improvement, managed resources, and assured implementation by subordinate organizations and operating units.
- Evaluated training program outcomes that ensured instructional materials (adult learning courses) and programs addressed the needs and mission of organizations/agencies.
- Provided expert advice on program issues to organization officials.
- Planned, designed, developed, evaluated and managed program segments and training programs that have national impact.
- Prepared documents associated with applying for accreditation of the academy and each training program.
- Liaison with top-level managers in the agency, high-ranking officials in other Federal agencies, and various governing boards/committees. My contacts include formal and informal meetings requiring extensive preparation of briefing materials or up-to-date technical familiarity with complex subject matter.
- Represented and advocated for the organization, gained compliance with established policies, and justified or settled significant or controversial issues.
- Identified and resolved issues where no policy existed, taken innovative actions to address new needs and/or issues.