Push an ambivalent Senior Management team, while pulling an openly skeptical Agency sales force, into the direct-to-consumer auto insurance world.Test into a $150 million marketing P&L, leverage a staff of 34 and utilize online (SEO, SEM, display, affiliates) and offline (DTRV, direct mail) tactics to increase quote and purchase activity in the call center and on the Web. Transform old and broken online quoting functionality on allstate.com into a consumer-centric experience competitive with Geico and Progressive.Develop on-line prototypes; prioritize new web site functionalities, and team with Call Center leaders on capacity planning, sales skills development, scripting and call routing and triage strategies and technologies. Recruit and motivate a skunkworks team, insolate them from a Agency-oriented wider environment.Champion the direct channel sales and service vision to stakeholders ranging from front line employees and Agents to executive management.
- Evangelized $38 billion direct-to-consumer auto insurance opportunity, and led some skunkworks media tests to prove consumers would buy direct from Allstate.Created iterative portfolio approach to optimizing on-line, direct mail and call center capabilities that resulted in direct written premium growth from less that $100 million in 2004 to more than $500 million in 2008.
- Doubled direct mail response sales rates within a two year period by leveraging various target and responder models.
- Developed aggressive search engine paid placement program that generated 15 million auto insurance shoppers @ Allstate.com from 2006-2009, while reducing cost per completed quote by 20%.
- Decreased DRTV cost per call 40% over 2 years ($15-$20 million annual spend) by optimizing creative, network and day part combinations
- Increased visitor-to-quote, completed-quote and bind-to-quote ratios by 24%, 25% and 150% respectively by leading the redesign of Allstate.com, including increasing its coverage from 20 to 49 states, resulting in an improvement in organic search results to first, second or third place in all major search engines.