- Fashion and Interior Design
- Family and friends
- Playing scrabble on my droid
- My two Samoyed dogs
- Dance lessons
- Working out at the gym
- The Arts
- Beach, swimming, boating, water skiing
I am interested in acquiring a position as a Manager, Consultant, or Representative for a company that can best utilize the many skills I have acquired over the course of my employment. An ideal position would allow me to utilize my analytical skills, creative skills, leadership skills, people skills, along side a sound work ethic. I am a very charismatic person with the ability to motivate and coach others and have worked in several high energy fast paced environments. With decades of experience in the retail fashion industry, home furnishings, design, and advertising industry, I would be an asset to any company interested in someone who is savvy and has knowledge of the latest trends in fashion, design, and technology.
According to the Meyers Briggs personality assessment I have a rational temperament and tend to use observation and factual analysis in any given situation. As a strategic planner I try to gain as much information as possible in developing long term plans and projects . With a tough-minded personal style relentless in the pursuit of understanding I have a highly developed sense of logic balanced with a creative mind. Being strong-willed, ambitious, intelligent, direct, assertive, and self determined I am driven to excel and work hard to achieve my goals.
This being said, there is a lighter more colorful side to my personality and temperament. Having a very polished appearance and demeanor, I am very warm and have a great smile. At times I am very charismatic, motivating, and persuasive, and ready to be onstage in any given situation. As a leader and coach, experience, instinct and intuitive abilities help me in my analysis and approach with others. I can be direct but not harsh, approachable and engaging, enabling me to get at the heart of any matter or situation. In a sales or sales management position I have a metrics conscience and I am numbers driven. Most importantly I strive for an outstanding work ethic which is imperative for success.
Mar 2010 - Present
Home Furnishings Consultant
I am a sales professional and home furnishings expert / interior decorator for a fast paced, high volume furniture store based in the Northeast. Job duties include maintaining an electronic book of business that enables me to prospect clients efficiently as well as keeping track of daily business. On occasion I provide interior design for my clients.
- Award: December 2010 "Employee of the Month" for the Northeast region.
- Maintain high sales figures.
- Number one in sales of Raymour and Flanigan Platinum Protection Plan.
- Top ten in region for opening Raymour and Flanigan Preferred Accounts.
Dec 1983 - Present
Designed logos, Newspaper ads, signage, corporate image and business cards for various accounts including: Pane Vino, Rialto Furniture, Men's Club Barber Shop, New England Bartending, Atlas Paper Co., Nella, and The Druker Co.
- Corporate Identity
Jun 2007 - Feb 2010
Interior Designer / Sales Consultant
Sales consultant and interior designer for a high end furniture store. Duties included selling furniture, and choosing custom selections for my clients including: finishes and fabrics for furniture as well as paint colors, trims, rugs, wall hangings, artwork, lamps, etc. Rendered polished presentations and also maintained detailed client files and timely follow up.
- Baker Knapp & Tubbs: Highest sales volume 2009
- Highest volume sales in company: Furniture Protection Plan
- Chosen to assist in visual merchandising of showroom floor.
- Was chosen to assist in selection of furniture for all Cabot House locations.
- Interior design for several multimilllion dollar homes on the South Shore. First year:
- Second highest ranking in gross sales volume.
Jun 2004 - May 2007
Makeup Artist / Business Manager
Worked as a business manager and makeup artist for Kanebo, and Yves Saint Laurent cosmetics in the Boston location. In Richmond I worked as a makeup artist for Bobby Brown cosmetics. As business manager I was responsible for maintaining daily and monthly business records and sales goals. Also was responsible for maintaining very detailed client records, booking appointments, coordinating events, maintaining sales quotas, makeup artistry, team building, and light housekeeping.
- Exceeded sales goals with a 23% increase in sales for YSL cosmetics in 2006
- Maintained a high average unit sale.
- Achieved number one ranking for Bobby Brown Cosmetics in store and in region.
Feb 2003 - Jun 2004
Chanel Cosmetics Business Manager / Beauty Adviser
Duties included: Building, motivating, and training sales staff to meet sales goals. Maintained daily and monthly business records, event recaps, detailed client files, and in-store events. Assisted clients in makeup application and beauty selections. Designed flyers for special events.
- Achievement: "Top Thirty Club" awarded to the top thirty highest volume Chanel accounts in the country.
Aug 1991 - Feb 2003
Chanel Specialist / MBA Trainer
Regional Make Up Artist and Mentor Beauty Analyst Trainer an Brand Specialist for Chanel Cosmetics. Accounts in MA, RI, NH, CT, TX. Worked as a specialist and make up artist for Chanel cosmetics, skincare, and fragrance. Featured makeup artist for special events. Trained beauty analysts on Chanel product knowledge and makeup application. Also responsible for daily and monthly business records and event recaps.
- Maintained high average unit sales Won several awards
- Trained beauty analysts
- Excellence in customer service
- Great analytical skills
- Highly talented makeup artist
Jan 1989 - Aug 1991
Worked as a makeup artist, skincare consultant, and fragrance expert. Also responsible for booking appointments for clients,daily and monthly business quotas, organizing special events, and detailed business records.
- Trained Neiman Marcus staff on Chanel products.
- Maintained number one ranking in sales volume for Northeast Chanel accounts.
- Maintained number one ranking for highest volume in Neiman Marcus cosmetics department.
- Attended to many high profile clients and a few celebrities
Jul 1985 - Oct 1988
Owner / Proprietor
Owned and operated a retail shop specializing in high end hand blown crystal, hand blown glass, china, gift items, costume jewelry, art prints, lamps, etc. Responsible for all operations of daily business including buying and selling of goods, advertising, managing, marketing, and keeping detailed records of inventory and sales volume.
- Created logo and corporate identity.
- Excellent customer service
- Corporate gifts
Jun 1980 - Aug 1984
Art Director for a high fashion retail chain specializing in women and men's apparel. Responsible for directing art department and all forms of media from concept to completion. Maintained strict deadlines for this fast paced, high energy, family owned business. Responsibilities included working with owners, buyers, display, newspaper, radio, photographers, models, etc. Created dynamic newspaper ads, signage, logo design, mailers, posters, illustrations, billboards, and copy writing.
- Business growth: four locations to seven locations at the time of my employment and eventually the company grew to 22 locations in a short time period.
- Implemented a silkscreen department.
- Successful grand openings of new stores created such impact customers would be lined up at the doors.
- Tello's was an 80's phenomena in the Boston area known for designer clothing at discount prices.
Sep 1975 - Jun 1979
Swain School of Design
- Graduated with honors
- Many of my works were chosen for student shows
- faculty purchased my works