Scientific / Research Experience
Software & Technical Skills
Quality Systems / Organic Chemist
Dupont - Medical Products Division
Critical Systems Compliance Architect
HP Clinical Systems
Research and Development
Lotus Notes Programmer
Ziff Davis Publishing
Manager of Groupware Systems
Apr 2009 - Present
Principal Managing Partner
An entrepreneurial start up company, SDS delivers Management and IT Consulting, Product Incubation and Strategic Research Services to clients across industries.A qualified as a woman owned small business they are fully registered as a government contractor.Accomplishments to date include:
§Created pipeline for public and commercial sector proposal responses - results: 21 technically responsive RFP’s, 2 Grants, and 12 RFQ’s.
§Produced 3 market ready products
§Established ability to offer facilitated results driven Management Consulting processes in 8 cities
§Created a highly visible talent pool of more than 125 IT resources, offered at reasonable rates and known for high utilization.
§Sample client results: Produced quality management system for mining company in Norway; Usability assessment and system documentation for HR management product; and e-Commerce website design, development and data load; Ghost writer for technology comparison and contrast
Currently providing marketing, sales and technical support services to a late stage entrepreneurial technology corporation as part of a product incubation initiative.
Sep 2006 - Apr 2009
Business Development Solution Engineer
- Engagement Architect for New Business Development – Responsible for preparation of market plans for multiple industry sectors, plan and execute communications to integrate with pipeline opportunities, relationship management with Partners, Provide pursuit support for client teams, Support and delivery of proposals inclusive of innovative engagement design, Manufacture of quality assured marketing assets for use in presentations and proposals, Perform delivery excellence project reviews – project management and technical. Significant results achieved through creation of proposal components and acceleration process for sizing and costing of engagements reducing effort from weeks to days.
- SDLC Assessment Lead – Perform organizational, process and method assessment of government and corporate IT system development departments.Provide actionable recommendations for achievement of CMMI level improvements for system development services, and sustainable continuous improvement.
- Quality Audit Lead – Perform critical situation management and resolution for quality issues that occurred during delivery of services. Manged action plans and made report to all levels of management. Delivered proactive quality audit services to green projects.
May 1999 - Sep 2006
Sr Software Programmer Manager
Senior Program Adviser
Corporate Business Transformation initiative - eSupport
- Use experience to advise on delivery of projects into production based on standards and guidelines defined in BTMS / BTMT with a focus on the areas of infrastructure and compliance, Offer guidance to avoid pitfalls. Ensure a robust, compliant production application state. Ensure that projects meet all process requirements on schedule.
- Provide a management system for organizational goal attainment utilizing statistical methods and standard metrics management. Offer insights about operational strategies that could be employed to ensure that organizational goals are met.
- Create and maintain a master schedule of department projects that projects a vision of a unified strategy. Administer multiple projects simultaneously, calling out leveling of resources and opportunities to improve schedule with resource adjustments.
- Participate as a team member of the SWG Tools Team and sub teams. Participate actively in the Collaboration and Auto Problem Determination Sub teams. Serve as an expert resource for cross brand teams also involved in business information system design, development, deployment and maintenance. Contributed a organizational structure for the creation of sub teams that would each produce short term, mid term and long term goals and plans to achieve the technology portion of the SWG "To Be" strategy. Ensure that brand interests are incorporated and accounted for into SWG plans, and that the plans serve my brands business interests. Created an initial project plan for the deliverables of each sub team. Managed group authored Business Scope and Requirements documents. Designed future business process flows and operational models.
Program Manager / Enterprise Architect
Special Project for VP of Technical Support
- Created and communicated a vision and strategy for an IBM Workplace solution targeted to deliver essential functionality to accomplish the internal jobs of Customer Support staff.
- Designed and built a prototype environment and application with IBM Workplace 1.0 to demonstrate the business potential for the portal.
- Assembled and organized a high performing virtual team of matrix resources.
- Guided resources the techniques for concept creation, design planning, and development schedule creation.
- Incorporated User Centered Design at the outset of the project to increase end user acceptability.
- Procured and established a robust AIX server infrastructure for test, release and production of the IBM Workplace solution.
- Ensured that feedback on lessons learned was made available to the product development teams. Deployed Xtreme Support release 1.0 in November of 2004.
- Maintained continuity of program management after reorganization delivering several point releases.
- Managed conversion of the matrixed project team to a staffed department, located and screened candidates, included team members in process and secured 8 highly qualified full time department members.
- Facilitated transition of asset and project ownership to new program manager.
Worldwide Premium Technical Support Customer Advocacy
- Managed communication and education for the WW Lotus Support Managers and Field Support Engineers.
- Organized and conducted information gathering exercises with in the community for director.
- Managed operational projects for WWCAS Director.
- Participated as Technology Lead for the WW Skills Management Team in Lotus.
- Invented a process strategy and application for organizational skill assessment, practical skill development, and accurate education tracking for all of the resources owned by the VP of Lotus Support.
- Demonstrated accurate management control of progress toward goal with in first year.
- Performed the duties of Finance Liaison for 4 departments.
- Ensured that accurate documentation and continuity was maintained moth over month for all budgets. Facilitated information creation and gathering for Fall Plan exercises.
- Organized capital planning activity.
- Ensured on-time delivery of information according to the finance calendar
Software Engineering Development Manager
LotusEnterpriseCenter of Competency
- First line manager of a 10-person software engineering development team
- Responsible for the development of tools and methods for support of enterprise simulation studies and diagnostic problem determination.
- Instituted a team development strategy to ensure continuity of knowledge on tools and techniques.
- Utilized a broad knowledge of computer technology, advanced systems design programming languages, and software products.
- Applied management skills to direct a department of professional programmers in development of experimental and state-of-the-art program development.
- Applied analytical ability as a technical leader to design and develop state-of-the-art complex programming systems that provided reliable simulation environment recreation capability; streamlined data collection, processing and analysis; and organized variable interaction studies.
- Introduced a standardized software engineering process and increased production rate and reliability of tools. And Mandated use of quality testing to reduce failure rates.
- Actively communicated about development progress and innovation for both functional and executive level mangers with emphasis on strategy and implementation.
- Served as program director for the Lotus Support Diagnostic Initiative Team, tasked with development of problem determination tools. The team was comprised of 22 direct staff and numerous matrixed contributors.
- Authored and communicated long range planning goals for project.
- Managed new tool conceptualization, day-to-day development assignments and issues, arranged for creative quality assurance testing, and served as liaison to Lotus Support's Diagnostic Enterprise Support Council.
- Presented communication to external customers at meetings and conferences.
IBM internal learning
Completed certification training as an IBM manger.
University of Rhode Island
Process Engineering and Chemistry