Aug 2011 - Present
Aug 2007 - May 2011
May 2010 - Present
Public Affairs Co-Op Student
• Research online database to identify relevant news articles for the Chairman, Governors and Senior
Staff for twice daily news clips.
• Address research questions from national and international media representatives.
• Review congressional testimony and identify relevant passages to distribute to media.
• Write and edit press releases and speeches that are distributed to media and the public.
Mar 2010 - Apr 2010
Public Policy Intern
Conservative Association of Hampstead and Kilburn
• Coordinated and distributed leaflets and campaign materials for approximately 70,000 electors
• Responded to and addressed constituent issues and cases with regards to local services.
• Assisted Campaign Media Assistant with interviews and press relations.
Jun 2009 - Aug 2009
Freshman Service Experience Coordinator
• Coordinated three days of community service for 640 freshmen and 93 leaders at 48 non-profit sites.
• Managed a $40,000 budget and coordinated meals and evening entertainment for 3 nights.
• Interacted with campus offices along with individuals from inside and outside the university community.
Oct 2008 - May 2009
Public Policy Intern
•Prepared memos and briefing materials to be presented to firms clients to assist with their lobbying and
• Attended briefings and meetings on Capitol Hill; prepared client reports addressing specific issues.
• Assisted staff with any other projects or events to meet our clients consulting and lobbying needs.
Sep 2007 - Nov 2007
U.S. House of Representatives - Rep. Tom Feeney
•Answered the general office phone and served as the first line of communication for the public, as well
as transferring calls to the appropriate staff member based on the issue area in question.
• Entered all constituent mail into Monarch Database and generated a response letter to constituents
• Assisted staff with any other projects or needs to help the office run efficiently.
Jan 2007 - Apr 2007
•Prepared documents, bill books, and other tasks to assist Representatives, Committee staff, and the
• Involved with pre-meeting preparation and various tasks that supported the Committee.
• Clerked for two Committees: Higher Education and Technology, Energy, and Communications.
Jun 2006 - Nov 2006
Campaign Assistant/ Office Manager
Stephen Johnson for Supreme Court
• Managed the campaign office, coordinating volunteers and statewide contacts, as well as coordinating
campaign fundraisers and events, dispatching signs and campaign materials.
Jan 2006 - Jun 2006
• Assured packages from Congressional offices were delivered to their proper destination.
• Assisted Representatives within the ‘Republican Cloakroom’ by answering phone calls, communicating
scheduling updates, and distributing messages.
Resume of Christopher Guizlo
This is a sample of the professional and academic work I have done in the field of public relations.
The attached is a comprehensive strategic communications plan developed for my Public Relations Portfolio class in the spring of 2011.