Jul 2010 - Present
Jan 2012 - Present
Sanford Rose Associates® has, for the last 50+ years, helped its client companies meet the changing needs of talent acquisition across the globe. Its more than sixty offices worldwide have identified, and attracted high-potential executives, managers and professionals for essential position openings for their clients.As an independently owned office we can help your organization build a powerfulteam that delivers the greatest added value while crafting and executing your business strategy. We are committed to providing search and consulting services of the highest quality while adhering to high ethical standards, objectivity and confidentiality. Whether your needs are in General Management, Manufacturing, Sales, Product Development, or Human Resources, we firmly believe our team can help find the right candidates for you.
Apr 1998 - Jun 2010
Sr VP Human Resources & Communications
Reported to the CEO, responsible for providing strategic direction and leadership for the HR function of this US based, $1.2bn global company.With sales/marketing and manufacturing operations in Asia, Europe and the US. (11,000 employees). Significant milestones include:-
- Chair of Business Optimization Steering Committee overseeing introduction of world class (Oracle) ERP package, and Executive Sponsor of Hire to Retire process
- Crafting of company’s first Strategic Human Capital Roadmap covering six broad areas of focus for the business including new Compensation Strategy, Talent Management System and Business Performance Management System
- Introduced Intranet solutions for Management Development, Career Planning & the Identification of High Learners
- Restructured Ansell’s R & D / Operations/Sales & Marketing structure to support growth, improve CRM and operate at World Class standards in Supply Chain Management while reducing costs by over $20m.
- Totally re-engineered Senior Management team identifying and attracting significantly upgraded talent into the organization creating effective leadership team that met, or exceeded, revenue and profit goals in all but one of the last five financial years
- Led and developed HR strategy, due diligence and integration for a number of key acquisitions in the US, China, Brazil, Poland and Germany
- Planned and executed significant off-shoring of US manufactured products to both in and outsourced supply in Asia and Latin America with significant reductions in headcount (15%) and costs
- Designed and managed (internally) Board search process involving both internal and external candidates
- Redesigned and managed Global Executive Compensation Strategy, within highly regulated jurisdictions, creating competitive executive & management compensation programs that assisted in maintaining high levels of engagement and low levels of attrition
Apr 1996 - Jun 1997
VP Human Resources (CHRO)
Reported to the Chairman, and as an Officer of the Company, responsible for providing strategic Human Resource direction of this $500m publicly traded company. The Company had operations across five autonomous strategic business units in Europe, Asia and the US. Projects completed:
- Designed and rolled-out of performance based Global Compensation Program for all employees in 30 markets worldwide.
- Reorganized Animal Health business, transforming organization into more competitive, global structure, reducing non-sales positions by 10%
- Identified and facilitated several keyexecutive changes across operating divisions
1994 - 1996
Director of Training and International Compensation
Reported to the Sr. VP Human Resources responsible for senior executive staffing, training and development, and international compensation and benefits. Sales for the $9.5bn organization were derived from diverse activities across 25 independent divisions covering five main business segments - Automotive, Aircraft, Industrial/Commercial, Systems & Components and Finance.
- Led pilot of business transformation/change management process
- Designed and managed global talent management process across 20+ divisions
- Crafted and administered global compensation programs
1989 - 1993
HR Director EMEA
Reported to the VP Human Resources, Worldwide Pharmaceutical Operations, responsiblefor providing overall direction on all HR matters to the President Europe and seventeen subsidiaries. $2bn in sales in the 4,500 employee region
1985 - 1988
GEC Electronic Components
Responsible for all HR activities for 3,300 employees across six sites. Sales of $600m from the development and manufacture of componentry for the defense and tele-communications industry.
1976 - 1985
Previously a state owned group with 180,000 employees and sales in excess of $5bn. Positions included:- Personnel Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Senior Staff Relations Officer, Graduate Trainee