Oracle J2EE Java Developer
Ooba pioneered home loan origination in South Africa as Mortgage SA. They have since extended this into a complete home ownership solution that includes a property search portal, insurance (Mortgage Protection and Buildings Insurance) and a home improvement credit card.Since I started at ooba I have been heavily involved in the delivery, maintenance and senior development of numerous in house and external systems. Some of these included a bond origination system, switching system, document imaging engine, Insurance system and a property search portal.Systems
Bond Origination System: A high volume, high availability web application used to capture, submit and managed bond applications to all 4 major banks of South Africa.
Bond Insurance System: A high volume web application that provided multiple insurance schemes bonds submitted through ooba.
Bank Switch: A high volume service application used buy multiple clients to switch messages to all 4 major banks of South Africa. It also provided document imaging to allow documents to be sent online to all banks of South Africa.
Property Genie: Property search portal used to view properties for sale online. www.propertygenie.co.za
- Provided senior development for an online switching system to submit bond applications to all 4 major banks of South Africa, which provided commission based revenue for all clients.
- Provided senior development for an online faxing solution for our switching system to send all online faxes to the all 4 major banks of South Africa.
- I developed 2 online document imaging engines to FNB and ABSA that allowed our switching system to send documents electronically instead of faxing them online. This intern saved ooba 30,000 ZAR – 35,000 ZAR a month.
- I designed and implemented an admin system for ooba’s switching system in my own time and proposed the solution to ooba. This system comprised of new technologies I introduced into ooba. (GWT, GXT) and was implemented as one of ooba’s own internal solutions.
- Led the implementation for upgrading all our Oracle SOA suite environments form Oracle SOA suite 10.1.3.4 to Oracle SOA suite 10.1.3.5 in a load balanced environment.
- I was solely responsible for research and implementation of Hudson for our continuous integration system (CI) for all our applications and integrate them to run our unit tests too automatically run on a daily basis and generate stats and reports that would be emailed to us on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that all our systems were NCA compliant. (Compliant with South Africa’s national credit act)
- Provide Senior Oracle Java J2EE Development and Development Support.
- Ensuring High quality, strong standards and policies of our JAVA J2EE code base.
- Implemented and provided administration support for our source control repositories (SVN).
- Development / Pre-Production Application server administration and configuration.
- Implement and document development standards, policies and procedures.
- Technical design and Prototyping
- Ensuring optimal performance and quality of all applications.
- Technology research and implementation.
- Code reviewing of junior and peer developers