NORTH CAROLINA STATE UNIVERSITY, CENTENNIAL STUDENT HOUSING PROJECT:
- Performed energy modeling for Senate Bill 668 (S.B. 668) and LEED 2009. (30% energy savings over baseline).
- Proposed creative solutions to improve energy efficiency of the 600,000 square foot project.
- Calculated design loads for equipment and ventilation requirements.
- Completed life cycle cost analysis by performing systems cost analysis and creating energy models for multiple alternatives.
- Compiled and submitted the necessary documentation to the North Carolina State Construction Office.
- Assisted the architects with selection of terminal units in common spaces.
- Informed and worked with the architects on the design of the envelope and the associated savings that could be achieved based on alternative designs.
- Conducted research for a measurement and verification plan.
- Investigated capabilities of multiple campus energy modeling and monitoring software.
- Drafted the layout of dining, commercial kitchen, admin spaces, and misc. re-routing.
APPOMATTOX CO. PRIMARY SCHOOLS (RENOVATIONS AND ADDITIONS):
- Designed and coordinated the layout of mechanical systems in Autodesk Revit MEP 2011.
- Terminal Units
- Misc. Components
- Annotation, etc.
- Coordinated the project with multiple disciplines.
- Selected and scheduled equipment, fans, terminal units, etc.
- Created and modified parameters for multiple Revit families to meet the needs of the project.
- Set up Sheets and views for a printed submittal.
RADNOR HEIGHTS SUBSTATION FOR DOMINION IN ARLINGTON, VA:
- Completed the mechanical design of the substation in Revit MEP 2011.
- Selected and scheduled necessary equipment.
- Put together the specs.
- Coordinated with multiple disciplines to achieve the final product.
WAKE TECH COMMUNITY COLLEGE HEALTH SCIENCES II:
- In charge of putting together the necessary templates and documentation for the achievement of Energy and Atmosphere (EA) prerequisites and credits, as well as Indoor Environmental Quality (EQ) prerequisites and credits.
- Verified and fixed minimum airflow set-points on terminal units for the entire building to achieve the required ventilation.
- Supported the Chapel Hill office with the construction of an energy model which complies with LEED V2.2 and ASHRAE 90.1-2004.
SEYMORE JOHNSON AIRFORCE BASE:
- Assisted engineers and designers with mechanical cost estimates, equipment selection, and CAD detail drawings.
- Verified a survey of current motors installed at the facility for VFD capability.
MARINE CORPS AIR STATION AT CHERRY POINT, NORTH CAROLINA:
- Assisted engineers and designers with repairs and improvements on Building 133. This included conducting static calculations and corrections to the AHU's that selected for the project.
RICHMOND CITY HALL:
- Performed energy design analysis to verify the heat exchanger capacity, as well as the capacity of the main air handling unit to help determine the cause of insufficient heat in the building.