SENIOR PRODUCT LINE MANAGER. Creative Product Manager experienced in getting a product out the door on schedule, at the lowest possible cost, highest quality and with the features customers want, in a global marketplace. Manages the entire product life cycle and is able to explain and evangelize that product to customers in a clear and simple, humorous way.
• Great Product Management skills. Knows what it takes to get a product out the door as a member of a cross-functional team. Effectively manages software or hardware releases through all phases of the life cycle, from inception to end-of-life.Track record of delivering releases on time.
• Intimately familiar with cost of software production, manufacturing, supply chain management and delivery. Early adopter and industry watcher of digital media (e.g. DVD).Keeps track of industry trend in pricing and packaging of consumer and prosumer products, hardware and software.
• Realized over $100M in cost savingsby implementing product ideas.
• Creatively solves complex problems with ultimately simple solutions. Extremely detail oriented .
• Outstanding writing skills: product presentations, marketing collateral, technical documentation, published author of : "California: East of Yosemite”)
• Great communication and presentation skills. Able to present to an audience and make complex topics seem easy, from UNIX or C training to product presentations, in English or another language.
• Thinks strategically, yet comes up with tactical approaches to immediate issues. Reputation as a good influencer.
• Native of Belgium and therefore fluent in Dutch, French, German and English. Never misses an opportunity to pick up the basics of another language. Also an L10N and I18N expert.
• Extremely artistic.Spends spare time exploring California and does professional level photography, using Kodak DCS760 for events, Hasselblad for killer landscape pictures and Nikon F6 on hikes. Very proficient in the Digital Darkroom, applying color management for fine printing. Savvy in page layout, typography and web design.