Owned the global, cross-organizational product roadmap for Yahoo!’s Mobile efforts. Implemented and governed end-to-end product development processes and operations across products and groups on several consolidated platforms. Worked closely with sales and business development to identify possible advertising and partnership opportunities. Developed strategy for mobile Front Doors (incl. the mobile Front Page) and facilitated cross-product mobile strategy development process. Facilitated internal communications on mobile efforts, including presenting roadmap, progress, and strategy to senior executives and CEO.
- Directed launches and operations of over 20 products in 37 countries, generating over 130M monthly users and $100M yearly revenue
- Headed effort to align mobile product development headcount against strategy by increasing resources 25% to 320 with investment of only $7 Million by designing optimal on/off-shore distribution
- Acted as PMO to support and project-manage beginning phases of various products and projects, such as the Yahoo! Local re-launch. Included creation of project plans, schedules, and Gantt charts to organize ideation phase and allow for fast-paced, iterative development
- Reduced localization cost significantly by optimizing processes and effectively managing outsourced vendors
- Specified requirements, developed, and managed the Yahoo! Mobile Blog to evangelize Yahoo!’s mobile efforts. Articles were referenced by many renounced industry reporters, such as the Huffington Post, Techcrunch, and Crackberry
Portfolio included: Mobile Front Page, Mobile Mail, Mobile Messenger, iPhone mail, stocks, and weather app integration, Mobile Search, Mobile Web Platform ("Blueprint"), Mobile Sports, Mobile Finance, Mobile News, Yahoo! iPhone app, Mobile Monetization and AD Solutions, OEM/carrier integration, Local, and Mobile Customer Support Management