Oracle Apps DBA / Oracle Portal and Operations Administrator
American Greetings (RPG)
My Responsibilities as a Apps DBA at RPG revolve around Project Management and Daily Tasks. These Tasks Include: 1) Oracle Apps Patching, Cloning, Upgrading, Performance Tuning and Space Management.
2) Oracle Database Patching, Cloning and Installing; Monitoring for Tablespace, Temp and Archive Log Storage.
3) Performance Tuning: Index Management, Table Reorgs, Purging and SQL / PLSQL Tuning.
4) Application Server 10gAS Installation, Integration with Oracle Apps ERP, SSO & OID.
My Project Management Tasks have inclded:
1) Data Center Move to a new Facility. Ensure proper backup of all Data & Shutdown / Startup of Database and Application services.
2) Technology Upgrade of 9i Database to 10gR2 Database
3) Disaster Recovery Exercise simulation for data restore from tape and starting up Database.
Installed multiple instances of Oracle Applications Server 10g R2 and R3 for TEST / QA / CRP / DEV & PROD.
Responsible for Maintenance and Patching of Oracle Apps 126.96.36.199, Oracle 9.2 and Oracle 10.2 Database.
I support Development and User community with Performance tuning of Custom queries or slow/long running custom applications.
Regular maintenance tasks include Index Management, Index Rebuilds, Table Reorgs, Index Creations based on performance tuning findings.
Monitoring of Oracle Applications to maintain SLA & SOX compliance; ensure 90% up-time for “Critical Services.”
Work Closely with BI/Development team members to support refresh/clone requests and storage planning.
Regular Cloning of Database 9.2, Database 10g, Database & App Server10gAS, and Oracle Apps 188.8.131.52.
Back Up and Recovery (Import / Export of data, tablespaces, etc.), RMAN on 10g.
User & Security Management for Database and SSO & OID.
Technical Support for Development (8 Users), Operations (5 Users), and Business Stake Holders (150 Users) 24x7 Support.
Install Maintenance and Day to Day Support of Discoverer 10g, OWB and HTTP for DW Team