Assistant Controller, Marine Hotel Operations
Assigned onboard cruise ships to control inventory and analyze shipboard revenue.
- Monitored and analyzed shipboard inventory trends worth $5 million and ensured inventories were kept at accepted parameters each week.
- Arranged re-orders and payments for all emergency purchases sourced from none contracted vendors.
- Analyzed excess and obsolete inventory including unit costing and pricing to ensure provisions were carried at proper value.
- Assisted in the implementation of new electronic reporting procedures that reduced supply costs by 30%.
- Prepared cruise and month end documentation for shipboard and shore side reporting.
- Investigated, documented, and corrected inventory discrepancies
- Maintained records of all purchases, reorders and daily provision issues.
- Processed budget results, credit notes, returns, and verified vendors’ invoices.
- Identified $30,000 in vendor billing errors and made refunds requests
- Coordinated purchasing processes between shipboard and shore side departments.
- Traveled extensively to Europe, North and South America, Middle East and the Caribbean